[OBSOLETE] Hue B Smart (Smart and FAST Hue Lighting)

I had to change the DTH for Ambiance bulbs to “Hue B Smart White Ambiance” match what the app was looking for. Then I could add Ambiance bulbs OK.

The Lux bulb and Lux Group DTH don’t appear to have “SendtoHub” function all other DTHs do

The Lux bulb and Lux Group DTH don’t appear to have “SendtoHub” function all other DTHs do

That’s because I haven’t updated those two DTHs - they still have the older setColor function.

Hi!

I’m using your smartapp and DTH with CoRE. When I use Set Color ‘predefined color in CoRE’, it doesnt change the color of the light. Am I the only one with this problem?

I’m using Hue bulbs. I see this error in live logging :

groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Integer#div.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class java.lang.Character]
[class java.lang.Number] @ line 515

LJ

Hi Tony.

Having a problem adding a previously removed bulb - have renamed in Hue and changed it’s room.

I then deleted it from ST and went to add it again. It appears as an available bulb in Hue B Smart but I cannot add it - no on screen error at all.

Also nothing in the log - I have, for testing then removed another bulb from both the hue and B smart system and can confirm that I now cannot add them back.

Cheers
Matt

@Luvien - I’ll need to re-add the setColor function.

@mattjmiddleton - check IDE (in locations / devices) to see if you still have a ghost of the deleted device. Also try refreshing in the smartapp.

Both - I’m on vacation until next week. I’ll re-add the setColor function then. @mattjmiddleton - we can connect with then if you still have the issue.

Hi Tony.

Thanks for replying - have a great break and Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

Chat when you get back.
cheers
matt

Thanks, setColor will be very useful!

Have a fun vacation!

LJ

So I’m new to the Hue community… Been around smartthings for awhile.

Do u guys think it’s more beneficial to install this app? As opposed to just using the built in settings?

Is it working good for everyone?

@Phil_Panfili - I wrote the app, so I’m obviously a little impartial, but I think it’s much faster and offers a lot more features than the stock Hue app. I think it really depends on how many hue lights you have / how many rooms you have / whether you use scenes / generally how automated you want to have your house.

I’m glad to hear from you.

Just got the Hue, but already have 9 Lights, will be upping that to around 20 during these holidays… 3-4 rooms…

And I really have my house automated, and always looking to do more…

So I already installed the lights with stock… Is it a big PIA to get on this app now? Will it lead to issues?

Much easier to change now than after you add additional lights, begin automating with CoRE, etc. You need to delete your existing Hue devices and Smartapp, and re-add with my smartapp.

Got your app running this morning… It’s very nice to see my scenes and groups in “My things” now. Much easier to trigger things with Core now.

One question, so if I want to change anything or add scenes or bulbs… I first due that in the Standard Hue App, and then your app will find the changes?

One question, so if I want to change anything or add scenes or bulbs… I first due that in the Standard Hue App, and then your app will find the changes?

Correct.

Just read thru the entire thread, and am seeing many people are having the same issues as me.

I am guessing that the setcolor function still isn’t working?

What I am trying to do is have my living room lights[6 in a group] turn red and flash 3 times when the doorbell rings, and then have the lights turn to original state. But as I have been reading and attempting this all night, I am guessing it isn’t possible? Due to the refresh and sync issue…

I have been trying to this all night, but cannot get the lights to return to original state.

If someone thinks it’s possible please let me know.

I am having issues where following the implementation of your smartApp I can’t link to my Hue Hub. I have removed everything that related to the Hue Connect SmartApp and removed all devices. When I try to link the hub I get the message ‘Please press the link button on your Hue Hub’ but does nothing. Sometimes it will close that screen and return to the SmartApps Menu. Please can someone point me in the right direction. I am located in the UK, however I don’t believe this could be my issue?

I had to go back to stock… It was just not working out for me

Morning Tony.

Found the error in the IDE:

error physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘Hue B Smart White Ambiance’ in namespace ‘info_fiend’ not found. @ line 401

Line 401 of the smartapp states:

def d = addChildDevice(“info_fiend”, “Hue B Smart White Ambiance”, devId, bridge.value.hub, [“label”: b.name])

But in the DTH the bulb is called, “Hue B Smart Ambiance Bulb”

I’ve edited my 401 in my smartapp to:
def d = addChildDevice(“info_fiend”, “Hue B Smart Ambiance Bulb”, devId, bridge.value.hub, [“label”: b.name])

and was able to add the previously removed bulb without any further issue.

Would you mind updating for the next release…

cheers
Matt

I’ve installed the app and DTH’s, and it connects to my hub and finds the bulbs, scenes, and groups. But, when I try to add anything, I get “You are not authorized to perform the requested operation”

@calansvc Have you had a look in the IDE log to see what is complaining? I had this and for me it was because I had skipped installing the Hue Lux DTH’s because I don’t have any but it detected my White Ambiance bulb as a LUX one and generated that error when I attempted to add