[BETA RELEASE - FULL] Echo Speaks

I am open for beta also
3 echo’s
2 cubes (I am guessing they aren’t supported, but I have them)

Welcome to the Beta Joe. We’ll soon find out if those Cubes will work or not… and if not, I bet we can make them work!

1 Like

Where can I get the app for this beta?

The links are in the first post of the private message you were added to.

I don’t have a PM.

I’d love to join - 11 Echos…

2 echo dots
4 fire tablets
100% intrigued

I just wanted to provide a status update.

The install process seems to be very solid. The only delay is me :frowning:
I’m trying to add some features in before pushing out publically. Either way it will be out no later than Wednesday whether the new features are ready or not…

9 Likes

Definitely going to be following this. I have some announcements built in already, but they are just announced over a single Wifi speaker. Alexa has some native capability to do some of this, but what I would love would be to make the announcement on Echo Groups or just be able to select multiple Echo devices so I don’t have to make the same rule 5 times to be done on 5 different devices, so that I can hear some announcements no matter where in the house I am, while others would be more targeted. This is definitely awesome stuff.

1 Like

Can’t wait for this to go public! Only have a few echo devices so I couldn’t sign up for the beta.

I can’t wait either I missed the beta, but I have a lot of echo devices

1 - First Gen Echo Show
1 - First Gen Echo
1 - First Gen Echo Dot
2 - Third Gen Echo Dot
3 - Second Gen Echo Dot
3 - Fire Tablet 7
1 - Fire Tablet 8
1 - Fire TV stick
2 - Fire TV 4k
1 - Fire TV edition

Push it to the limit.

But all I want it to do it tell me the weather in the morning and tell me the front door is opened :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is going to be able to do this very easily… and so very much more!

@Dbhjed you could accomplish weather and the front door with Alexa routines today. My good morning routine tells me the weather and when my Ring Doorbell is pressed it’s announced that someone is at the door. I have one that tells me when my daughter’s door is opened, which should satisfy your front door request.

Not trying to derail from the awesomesauce of this smart app.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out. And yes, you can do these things with the native Alexa routines.

But echo speaks gives you total control.

What if you want it to play a song when you get home? What about an announcement when a light is turned on? Or there is motion.

With this app you can have and ST devices act as your trigger.

You’re no longer limited by Amazon’s choice of triggers.

2 Likes

Count me in!

1 Echo Show (2nd gen)
1 Echo Show (1st gen)
1 Echo (2nd gen)
1 Echo (1st gen)
1 Echo Tap
1 Echo Dot (1st Gen)

Update…

We are wrapping things up as fast as we can with plans to have this out to the public asap. Just putting the final touches on it.

1 Like

My custom voice messages never trigger from the echo via routines. That is why I am excited for this. It is using SmartThings for the sensors so hopefully it it will.

I’m having the same issues with my custom notifications. I’m not a fan of the voice synthesizing of other options, plus I’ve had nothing but problems with stability. Alexa sounds less like a computer so I’m super pumped on this!

One more question, will this be using the Community App Installer?

Looks like it’s up on the community installer! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: