[OBSOLETE] Netatmo security

I believe so. I’d double check all that client I’d and secret stuff is right, correct camera ip to Mac if you have multiple. Took some messing around my first try, was awhile ago but something on my netatmo dev account was off, forget what tho sorry. Ya just double check everything before deleting I always say.

Ok, I’ve reached the end of my ability and can’t seem to see what’s going on. Just looked at the Live Logging though and when I try and take a picture from the SmartThings app I get this error.

Does this put light on the issue?

So back at this. I can only take pics and have peoples presence as device for present or away. I really want the motion to work.

Can’t fill out the top two fields but didn’t notice anything in the instructions about it either. Logs show nothing for motion, my app is set to always record and notify, I’ve setup one welcome and one presence. If anybody got it working ease help. Maybe it’s the webhook url in netatmo dev page idk but I’ve completed the instructions as laid out. Thanks in advance.

Logs from security app doesn’t seem right

Firstly, a big thank you to CopyCat for developing this integration. I recall seeing a PayPal contribution link. Having managed to get this all working, I will be making a contribution as my thanks.
To Joe and others, if you can’t select the camera after granting permission and during setup, I factory reset my camera, set it up again and hey presto, it worked!
If you are still about and interested, will try to support you in the absence of CopyCat.
I’m completely new to Smartthings and all this but will do my best. :slight_smile:

If I redo app setup I can select everything fine. People’s presence works. But motion and the rest never works.

I guess this code needs a rewrite, for which I was waiting on the new ecosystem by the smart things team. But since that doesn’t seem to be going anywhere I’ll start to look into this again.

1 Like

One thing I found was that “unknown motion” (i.e. not person, car or animal) on the Presence was triggering as motion by default (so was kicking off my home lighting routines in the middle of the night for a plastic bag blowing round outside).

I’ve made a couple of tweaks to include an extra toggle for “unknown” as a motion type that means you can control if “unknown” still acts as a trigger…
(edit, can’t paste it right without faffing up the formating)

Use an app called Fing to find device ips

Hi. Did you ever manage to enable/disable your Netatmo Presence cams according to ST mode Home/Away/Night ? I’m really wanting to do the same! Cheers.

Unfortunately no. I bought 3 Presence units knowing there was an ST integration on the way & thinking that it would be a core thing for this to be functional like this.

We had recently been burgled & if my Arlo cams had motion type detection then I would have caught the burglar by seeing the person alerts among the tons of general motion alerts. I thought the Netatmos were the answer.

Now the Arlo cams have motion type detection, I wish I’d saved my money & expanded my Arlo coverage, adding smart switches or bulbs to my existing outdoor lights to be triggered from Arlo.

Netatmo have not released new firmware for Presence in 13 months which also means none of my corrections to motion types have been implemented in that time as they told me that improvements to detection only come thru local firmware, not as a cloud service.

I won’t be buying more Netatmo products, & I won’t be buying anything that I want to integrate with ST until there is a properly featured integration.

You. Are. Kidding. I’m constantly correcting Netatmo for identifying cats as people. I just presumed this instantly improved the AI algorithm. Sigh. Couldn’t agree more though on the necessity for ST/Netatmo integration to allow Presence cams to switch on when ST home mode switches to away mode. Like you, I figured that would be the most useful feature. I’m emailing Netatmo about this. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Wish I was kidding… £800 into Netatmo kit & zero useful smart home integration, & I thought it would be fine to have algorithm updates included in firmware as they told me, but thought they’d be regular, not less than annual. Good luck with emailing them…

I wanted to have light come on whenever motion was sensed when dark-ish, but recording only when away/night mode, but looks like their API wouldn’t allow it.

Just like to say I’ve been running this integration since you released it and has been solid. Only thing I cannot do is add more cameras or people without reinstalling the app. Thanks for the great integration.

Thanks for the effort in creating and maintaining this app. I installed my welcome into ST and it went very smoothly.

I saw someone ask, previously in this thread, about the welcome’s ability to hear alarms. My CO detector went off tonight and I saw a notification from the Netatmo app. Is there a possibility to add a sensor for this ability from the welcome?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Patrick, thanks for your support. Unfortunately there is no webhook event when an alarm is detected, so I cant be of help there. Also when I have this option activated, netatmo would scare me whenever the phone rang at home or someone was vacuuming. Their definition of an alarm sound is kind of broad :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply and info. That made me laugh. It hasn’t gone off for the phone yet. I have linked CO & smoke alarms. It definitely heard those :slight_smile: :grin: as did the kids and my neighbours.

Hi there,

I’ve been playing with the welcome’s capabilities and have made some progress.

Currently when a person is set as home, after they’ve been set away, I have Alexa respond i.e.

Netatmo: Camera sees me - sets presence in smartthings
Smartthings: See presence and sets virtual switch for Alexa routine
Alexa: - Runs routing - Morning Patrick, plays weather, ask’s question
Webcore: - Handles Alexa response i.e either plays trains info if I’m travelling or boots my PC if I’m at home for the day.

All really useful. I have a similar setup for my Wife and different Alexa responses / questions for the evening.

Now is where the difficulties come in. My presence in Netatmo app is set by location, my Wife’s by the default (seen and time-outs). This means her routines work twice a day, morning and evening, mine only works once. I’ve tried removing the location settings for me, but I’d rather add them to my Wife’s profile so the presence is correct.

I’m trying to work out how the events from Netamo are being handled by the smartthings.

It would seem as though either a person being seen, or switching from away to home will maintain presence in the person device, in ST. I’m wondering why only the initial change, from ‘not present’ to ‘present’, is activating the virtual switch for the Alexa routine? Is this because the presence is polled (5minutes) and the Home alert triggers the virtual switch state?

Any suggestions on how to trigger the virtual switch if Netatmo is setting home/away by location?

I’ve been looking at the webhook documentation. Alas, my skills lie in routing and switching, rather than dev. I did see that there seems to be a ‘person seen’ webhook. I can’t see how this differs from the event that is triggering the virtual switch. Any idea?

One last question, my homeName tile never seems to change at all. Does that sound right?

Cheers,
Patrick

Ok, I may have figured a way, using webCoRE, to set away for a specific person based on a specific user locking a door. What I might do is see if I tigger the same type of condition for the night time, based on bed-time routines.

Hi all, I’m having a bit of an issue with getting this to “find” my Presence camera. All installs fine, login to Netatmo fine etc, but the screen where I think it should “load” my devices - it doesn’t load anything.