[OBSOLETE: [BETA MILESTONE 2] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)

I noticed yesterday that some of my pistons where not running. When I checked the piston, I noticed that my If Statement was gone and not displaying. For the first one I noticed, I just re-entered the information. However, for the second one, I did a ā€œRebuild this CoRE pistionā€ and the If Statement came back and the piston was running correctly again.

Below is an example of a piston that is missing the If Statement that I have not tried to rebuild option yet if needed for reference.

Problem with Fade to Level (variable) function this morning.

I logged this piston this morning. The variables set correctly, Current = 10, Target = 100. The dimmer faded in reverse, jumped to 100 then faded back down to 10%.

Logs from the lights being dimmed:

What is green?

May have missed this in thread but what do blue dots mean in the new dashboard skin?

recently fired

1 Like

new, never ran - thus not true and not false. null state :smiley:

1 Like

Are other CoRE users currently experiencing a large amount of timeout errors? I am seeing the error ā€œjava.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Execution time exceeded 20 app execution secondsā€ all over the place when I look at Live Logging in the IDE. I am not sure if this is a side effect of the recent ST firmware update or what At this point, I am not even able to make Piston changes or create new pistons. When I attempt to hit ā€œDoneā€ to save a piston (new or updating an existing piston) the error ā€œFailed to save page: pageMainā€ is displayed in the app. A corresponding TimeoutException is then shown in the IDE.

Is anyone else having trouble with Fade to Level (variable) fading the wrong direction?

How about variables failing to set correctly?

These pistons were working fine for a few days and then started acting up.

I had two other straightforward pistons, one that increments a counter when an IFTTT switch turns on and decrements it when it turns off, and another that is supposed to count how many people are home by incrementing the counter when someone arrives and decrementing it when someone leaves. My switch counter was at 7 when it should have been zero, and my presence counter was at 3 when it should have been 2. Ended up deleting these pistons, and changing my Fade to Level pistons back to basic Set Level, no more time to spend on these things that donā€™t seem to work right.

Iā€™m having trouble to understand the mechanics behind tha condition was xxx for at least/for less than x minutes.

in my case I need to know if certain motion sensor has been inactive in the last 15 minutes. As far as I understand the was condition checks for the last event and do the math in terms of timing, so motion sensor was inactive for at least 15 min should work?

Because this statement is part of an Else if piston, i need the was as a condition.

Thanks

I now have around 20 Pistons throwing this:

0b55594a-a774-470e-9e3a-da7585600b07 12:08:28 PM: error java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Execution time exceeded 20 app execution seconds: 77016486941132 @ line 3846

Open/close them in the app doesnā€™t clear it. Recovery at 1 hour and 4 hours isnā€™t doing anything that I can tell. Iā€™m not seeing anything negative about this, but itā€™s mostly on fan and notification Pistons that I pay little attention to anyway.

Yeah, just an initial fee, a lame excuse to ā€œverifyā€ you, as if $5.00 verifies you better than $0.01 - and as if google didnā€™t know half your life already ;))) the BS reason was what I was protesting against.

Hi All,

Great app! just one thingā€¦ when I create a rule then hit back, it goes back to the selection of my smart apps vs seeing the screen where you can see the dashboard/create new rules.

After that, clicking on the CoRE app takes me to the rule that i just created as well vs going to the dashboard screen. What am i doing wrong?

1 Like

Access CoRE from the Smart Apps menu not from the Marketplace. From the ST app, click the horizontal lines on the top right then pick SmartApps.

1 Like

Something up with ST or CoRE dashboard? Read about the experimental dashboard so I went to have a look and I get nothing on my PC or Android when I look as Dashboard - pure white screen.
Looked in the IDE logs and there is no activity when I try to summon the Dashboard, strange.

1 Like

Somethings up! My Dashboard has been down for at least two hours. I was looking for updates, etc., glad Iā€™m not the only one.:neutral_face: @ady624

1 Like

Mines workingā€¦

SSL cert expired, but is now renewed and all should be back to normal. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Thanks for helping a noob out!

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

The same Sunset Piston didnā€™t fire again tonight. I tried to trip my doggie door piston as you suggested where any of 3 doors is opened and 2 lights turn on, well only 1 light turned on and my wife tells me the second light also didnā€™t turn on this morning when she let our dog out. I have not made any changes to the doggie piston in months. I did update the sunset piston last week to set level to 20, 30, 40, 50 and finally to 60 with a short wait in between each step but that was the only change.

Today I entered the sunset piston, selected done and it fired after about 20 seconds of the spinning wheel. Currently CoRE is very slow to open, just spinning wheel for like 30-60 seconds

Rick

Can I suggest you revert your recent changes and see how that goes? Even CoRE gets whacked by ST every once in a while when things run too long Iā€™ve noticed.