[OBSOLETE] [BETA MILESTONE 1] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)

I’m trying to note details, but I’m still having issues with pages jumping to the wrong areas. In the cases I remember I’ll be creating a rule in expert mode with actions for individual conditions, and then cases for the rule as a whole. I’ll edit the rule actions and once I tap Done it’ll take me to the actions page for an individual condition (which may or may not contain an action).

Something is not correctly saving the parent page so it’s taking you elsewhere when you tap Done. I was running 0.1.114.20160706. I just upgraded to .115. but I haven’t tried creating a piston yet.

Hey Ady624,

What format is the lights RGB setting? I’m trying to set my hue lights and getting some random colours :slight_smile:

If anyone else has setup their Philips hue lights… What settings are you using?
Default hsv or adding separate actions for hue, saturation and level ?

Cheers in advance
RO

That depends… what exactly are you trying to do??? set a color or set them to white and level?

If you are using specific hue, saturation and level, hue is an angle between 0-360, saturation and level are percentages, between 0-100.

Specific color, using the color picker for the actual light, I’ve looked at the recient reports tab, to see the color values it gives, normally a hex value and a hue/sat value. When I use the same values in the the color options of a light. Using the hsl, and add a level, it’s not updating sometimes and others seems like a different color.
So just to test things are working as expected I was going to put in nice and simple RGB values.
I was curious what format the RGB is in, whether is a hex, or and 8bit value or float values… Like (1,0.5,0.5) or (255,127,127) with or without the () etc.

Again thanks for the responses gents apprcectiated.

The hue that shows in the attribute should be 0-100. Multiply it by 3.6 when using it in CoRE

Will do thanks for the advice :slight_smile:
What is the syntax for the RGB out of curiosity? Or does the RGB Not actually work with hue bulbs?

RGB is a pair of three colors, Red, Green and Blue. Each one has a value between 0 and 255, where 0 means off and 255 full on. Each number is then encoded into two digit hexadecimal representation from 00 (decimal 0) to FF (decimal 255) and simply concatenated with the prefix #.

Red for example is R=255, G=0, B=0, or in hexadecimal format FF, 00, 00. In RGB that is #FF0000

1 Like

@ady624,

When I use the setcolor method of a hue light in a piston, it also change the level of my light. Is it normal?

LJ

Yes, setColor is in fact equivalent to setHue + setSaturation + setLevel. All three in one go.

While on the topic of color. I tried Transition to color Random in 10s but the Random or any color I pick gets dropped. I tried it on a Hue bulb. Bug or feature to stop my from messing with it? :wink:

I’ve been working with my hue bulbs quite a bit lately, and I can’t get them to behave reliably. Usually, the first time I rune a piston that I built to change colors it works pretty well, although it certainly seems to work better with only one or two lights…not many more. After the first cycle, it seems I really only get the last color to come up. I’ve tried both SetColor and manually setting hue, sat and level…it doesn’t seem to matter. I feel like this is probably more of a hue->ST->CoRE issue that anything else. Maybe just too many moving parts. It sounds like some folks are having success…but not me.

@ady624 is this good or bad??? :fearful:

I’ve been getting similar results - first time it gives correct color… second sometimes… third unlikley.
I seemed to have more luck when i used the Reset action first. Also using seperate commands for setHue/Sat/Level seemed a little more consistent… but its ST-HUE intergration i guess that causes the issues. I know some folks have had some success with linking the lights directly with ST hub rather than Via the Hue hub, but if the internet goes down the ST hub is currently pretty redundant. so your lights become so as well :confused: a Rule system should be one of the few local processes on the ST Hub.

Ady624 - thanks for the info, so juust use Hex for color input :slight_smile:

Will find out. And if it affects CoRE I will send an army of minions to fix CoRE :wink:

2 Likes

I see you have control over lowSpeed, medSpeed, and highSpeed in the app, I have a custom device type for lights and fans and would like to see if I can code them to work for these?

Same thing, it’s not working. I suspect the DH… anyone can confirm the transition to color is working?

What DTH are you using? Can I see the transition color routine? i think it is called setAdjustedColor

Sorry, are you asking me? Not following you, can you please rephrase the question?

@ady624 I’ve noticed that some of my time events often become past due and require that I go into the design of the Piston then hit “Done” in order to reset the timer. Have you noticed this problem? Any possible solution to prevent time events from getting past due, or if after being past due for x amount of time, reset the counter (as a user option or inherent)?

I am on the latest version as of 9:30 pm 7/11/2016. Not sure if this is resolved in this version, but if so, sorry for the trouble.

1 Like