[OBSOLETE] Hue (Re)Connect - with scene handling

So what would be the best action I should take?

Thanks for your help by the way.

Hi,

Do you know if there are issues generating the hidden off scenes (off 0) under the latest Hue app 2.3.0? I can only seem to generate the on 0 scenes. I’ve turned the scenes on and off a few times, but it appears the off scene doesn’t get automatically generated.
However, I can get this working fine on the older version of the hue app 1.12.2
as I have both installed.

Can you confirm?

Hi,

I would recommend you look over this -
http://www.developers.meethue.com/documentation/getting-started

From this I was able to invoke the API debugger for the Hue lights. I was able to query all the cached scenes etc, so knew exactly what was generated, their names etc. I had no problems in getting scenes imported.
However, the only issue was that I could not get automatic off scene generated as per the instructions using the latest hue app version 2. Although worked fine under the older hue app version 1.
If anyone can help clarify this issue, it would be greatly appreciated! i.e. Do I need to manually create a off scene under the version 2 Hue app?

Cheers,
Hung

Can anyone assist? Or help clarify?

You have to use the old app to makes scenes work. I haven’t looked into why this is the case I hate the new app as I have 12 dimmer switches but with the new app after 6 its says I don’t have enough space to save.

Thanks
Likewise, not a fan of the new one either.

Btw, for any imported scenes, notice there’s a blink/pulse option. Which I assume would be applied across all bulbs in that particular scene. However, this don’t appear to work?
Do you know if this functionality has been omitted on the scene or am I missing something?

The blink/pulse option on each individual light works fine, just wondered about the actual scene?

cheers,
Hung

Nope scenes can only do off and on
Just create another group with the same lights

Thanks for confirming

Hi!
Firstly, thanks for the amazing SmartApp.

Just got my SmartThings Hub, and installed (re)connect straight away.
Everything added nicely, except my one Hue Ambiance bulb.
That is not found. Does the app not support this bulb?

Works a treat - finally, got my old Hue app cleared out and (Re)Connect installed.

Three things that are puzzling

1. My custom scene (which happens to be attached to a Hue dimmer) doesn’t show up in the list of scenes
  2. My two Hue Beyond fixtures don’t show up grouped - the downlighter appears in the Hue API as a group of type “Luminaire” containing 3 lights, but this doesn’t appear (the individual lights do)
  3. Alexa-related, so probably not your problem: Alexa will voice control the dimmmer ‘off’ or ‘to X%’, but won’t treat ‘on’ as a synonym for ‘to 100%’.

Are you using the new app to create the senes needs to be the old app.

The hue beyond will need adding to the app will be in touch by pm with information I need to help add it

Alexa part is down to hue turning on to last current state. If you know you know what the last state was your have to remember to say 100% instead of on

1 Like

I have updated the app
https://github.com/CyrilPeponnet/smartthings/tree/master/smartapp/HueConnect

Groups are now the same as Coloured lights (see screenshots)
Hue White Ambiance Bulbs now supported (don’t forget to add the device handler) (Cheers @runelangaard for testing)
Hue Beyond Groups can now be added (Cheers @TheMillHouse for testing)
HTTP Headers fix
Loads of changes copied from the Official Hue Connect App and Device Handlers

SmartApp

Hue Scene device

Hue White Ambiance Bulb

Hue Group or Hue Beyond Lights

Hue Colour Lights

Hue Lux Lights

Hue Bridge

if anyone has any more feature requests or finds any bugs let me know

1 Like

Hi tmleafs,

i have updated your smartapp so it also recognizes the Philips living white adapters.
For this you simply need to add one more device @ line 715 & 429:

|| v.type == “Dimmable plug-in unit” ||

On top, i also have an issue and a request :slight_smile:
Issue:
My smartapp only recognized 9 scenes. But non of the scenes i have added recently. I tried with both the new and the old hue app for scene creation. Tried triggering them, but they are simply not recognized.
Request:
In the groups, can you add the slider for color temperature? or whitelevel?

Will do, I’m interested in what a Philips living white apdator is I’ve never heard of it.

I added four scenes two days ago. I only use the old app don’t have the new one installed as it breaks my Philips dimmers after a few days though they might of fixed that by now. I just created them, used them a few times then went to hue reconnect and added them.

There’s a hue addon app called “all 4 hue” lets you delete scenes and rename dimmer groups on the hub itself and not in the app

I have been working on adding that over the last few days and fixing the transition time problem.

Cool, ill try out the all 4 hue app :slight_smile:

The LivingWhites Adapter basically is a zigbee plug with an included dimmer

I keep getting the below error when trying to get setup.

21:42:49: error physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘Hue Bridge’ in namespace ‘smartthings’ not found. @ line 598

Urmm forgot the device handlers lol :grinning:

Got it working, but odd thing is if you don’t select device or hub quick it drops out of the list within 3 seconds if you don’t hit the done confirmation. Scenes are not being detected for me are they working for others?

Do you plan to support the new Hue app or is it not possible?

Its not my code originally, I have done my best to improve this app I have tried to do more but I end up breaking things. Last week while modifying I broke the app and I had to remove all of my lights and have moved to Hue & Improved as it supports multiple bridges.

I would recommend waiting for a new version of Hue Lights & Groups & Scenes (OH MY!) to be released it can create scenes and groups etc though I havent tried it my self

1 Like

Here is the Beta version of the Hue B Smart service manager and
version 1 of the DTHs. This replaces my older HLGS service manager app (which will not be updated).