[OBSOLETE] Hue Accessories and rooms using Hue Bridge (TAP, Motion Sensor, Dimmer Switch) [DEPRECATED]

Maybe one thing to check: did you already had the bridge added to SmartThings as a normal thing? If not it will not show in the app, as the app goes for the detected bridges by the system. Add a bridge as follows: type the + for device discovery and hit the connect button on the bridge, it then should add the bridge as a device. After that rerun the app.

Hi, interesting stuff here!
would this work with other accessories like friends of Hue smart switches? I have a Busch Jaeger that I would love to control with Smartthings. Thanks!

1 Like

Currently not part of the code.

Verzonden vanuit Mail voor Windows 10

Ok, as I imagined. I was wondering if would be doable to modify the hue-switch.src to get those accessories Friends of Hue switches “integrated” as well. It would be great to use them with non-hue bulbs.
or perhaps, Is there another way to add them into the Smartthings hub that I am not aware of?
As I read on other threads, there is a chance to get them working if the hub has the same Zigbee channel, but I´m afraid that´s not my case.

1 Like

Hue friends should be normal dimmer switch behaviour, so could be that it is detecting these in the app as a dimmer switch. If you can do this command to your Hue bridge /api//sensors and pm me the output, i can check if it has a chance.

Sure, I will be happy to test it, thank you Martin. I guess that I should use a CLIP command (I google it :sweat_smile: )
I will send you a pm when I´ll get it, perhaps even this evening.

No need for clip command, just look up the username ST uses (if you already added the bridge in ST) in the IDE under the device. Send the command to the bridges IP address.

Hi Dudz40

Im hoping I am not being thick… I have added the App and the 4 x Device Handlers. I have added the username, but whenever I click okay I can never go back into the app/settings. I have tried removing all the above and starting again. I have removed my hub from ST and yet I still get the same error that is below:

[pollTheSensors] no bridge yet mac null IP null

Yet I can select the bridge in the app and also see its IP etc in ST

Any help would be awesome as I want to move all my lamps over to ST but also don’t want to loose my Taps/Dimmers and sensors

Many Thanks

Will take a look at the code.

I am not sure what has happened, but I have had my Tap working for months without issue, but on Friday (27th Sep) it stopped responding.

Since then I have been unable to get it back on line (to show up in the Hue Sensor Connect app).

Does anyone know if something has changed? I think smartthings had an update on the same day, possibly related?

This is what I get when trying to setup the app from classic…

In the middle you should be able to see the nulls…

Thanks again!

Just to be sure… Did you connect the hue bridge as a device already to ST?

met vriendelijke groeten,

Martin

Yes and I have since tried removing and re adding and nothing

I do not mean connecting to my app but as a device to ST itself…

e.g. add a thing, press the connect button on the bridge (again just to be sure :wink:)

Yes we are talking about the same thing and yes I added, removed, re-added in ST. Before trying your app and even tried the process with removing your app etc etc

Not been working with ST for a while (i moved to Homey, but retained a small setup to debug), but things seem to have changed. I need to reset my environment as it does not recognise any capability anymore and gives me errors in the apps input using those capabilities to select devices, (probably the reason why you have null everywhere).

1 Like

So I use to have this app working perfectly and then I moved and now cant get it to work at all. When I look in the app it has my old IP saved in there but when looking online at all my devices and hubs they all have my new IP. I don’t know if anyone else is having this issue but would greatly appreciate some help.

Where do you see the saved IP? The app should get the IP from the selected hue-bridges, if the IP changes it should pick up this new IP from the SmartThings connected Hue bridge (networkaddress)

Has anyone tried this with the Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor? Are you able to see your outdoor sensors in both the Hue app and Smartthings?

I do not see a specific Outdoor Motion Sensor device in the API of Hue, so Could be that it will be added as a normal motion sensor.

1 Like