[BETA] Hue Accessories and rooms using Hue Bridge (TAP, Motion Sensor, Dimmer Switch)

dth_sensors

(Ian) #243

Hi dudz40,
Thank you for the smartApp and the DTHs.
Currently, the Hue motion sensor’s poll is depending on another non-hue motion sensor. Is that possible depending on a temperature sensor? When a specific temperature sensor’s temperature is changed then poll. I want to use the hue motion sensor’s temperature only.

For its motion, I use it base on the light it triggers on. So the Hue light is triggered by the hue motion sensor, it means the motion sensor is active.

For this reason, the only thing I need from the Hue motion sensor is the temperature. I want the updated temperature information only when a near by temperature sensor’s temperature is changed so I can calculate the average temperature.

Thank you very much!

(Martin Verbeek) #244

Hi Ian,

Actually the motion sensor will be polled regularly and the temp should update when it changes, even without an associated ST motion sensor. Association is only used for having more poll events when using a TAP / Switch to accomplish a more smooth reaction. I tested it and it seems to do what it should do.

However when you select a mode for NO polling, it will not poll the devices.

(Ian) #245

Hi dudz40,
Thanks for the reply. Does that mean if I don’t use TAP or Switch then I do not need to setup the associated motion sensor?

Thank you ver much.

(Martin Verbeek) #246

They are only there for speeding up normal polling, so yes not mandatory

Verzonden vanaf Samsung-tablet.

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------

(Ian) #247

Got it thank you! Thanks for the smartApp. Finally I can use my hue accessories in webcore!!