[OBSOLETE] Hue Accessories and rooms using Hue Bridge (TAP, Motion Sensor, Dimmer Switch) [DEPRECATED]

Not sure if I’m mistaken, but the TAP’s don’t show up in the webCoRE list under switches. (Don’t think it makes much difference at the moment, as they do show under Actuators and can be added there).

not using core myself, TAP is a button device, if Core supports buttonpress you should be able to automate, not a switch currently, but will take a look at it. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Was it easy enough to install and configure? Anything needed to be changed?

I could not test this myself, but it should work.

Very easy and intuitive.
I’m currently on vacation and can’t check the operation of devices, but I’ve tried the devices in a webCore piston. For the Tap, it shows 4 buttons (as it should) in webCore, but the dimmer creates the impression that it has 32 buttons.
At first, that appears to be incorrect, but it could be because the buttons respond to a second and a long press, which is treated as different buttons.

I love this!! I have been looking for a way to integrate this without neeting a rasp pi or arduino and this is prefect.
I was wondering though if there was a way to pull the device status more often. Just to try and get a little faster reaponse.

1 Like

It depends in what mode… when motion is detected or in normal mode? I want to be careful not to create too many events that need to be serviced by the ST cloud, hence the more elevated polling during motion.

see version 1.02.

1 Like

Dumb question… I first have to pair the devices (motion, dimmer) to the Hue hub… right?

Yep, in the normal Hue way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks… Thought so… can’t wait for Amazon to ship the new devices!

1 Like

Yay! Got the dimmer connected! Thanks Martin!

Now… if only I knew how to modify the buttons’ behaviour…

If I wanted to have a morning mode, relax mode, reading mode and party mode (with the lights changing colours)… how would you do it?

I would suggest you use an app like webCoRE to setup your scene and use the Hue Tap / Dimmer Switch to activate the scene.

Or any other smart app for that matter. Set up your scene and use the Hue device as the trigger.

Tried again to add this for github integration, but still no luck - getting the same error in the IDE.

Thanks! Got it!

I’ve got a piston in CoRE done… thanks! Now I only need a way to assign a double click from the on button in the hue dimmer to activate the scene… @dudz40 ? Anyone?

could you check the log in the IDE for Hue Sensor and see what buttonpress code it gives you for a the double press…

should look like the bottom one…

i don´t think there is a double click on the dimmer switch, the below codes are in the API

the DTH will interpret these as follows, i divide the button by 1000, that is the buttonpress event you can react to. For all codes ending on 1 and 3 it will set the held attribute on the buttonevent as well.

For button 1 and 4 the DTH will send an On or Off event as being a switch device.

Thank you, Martin, that did it.

Note that this differs from your instructions in the first post.:

By the way, (and sorry for going somewhat off topic), is is not possible to give smart apps unique descriptions as far as GitHub integration is concerned? It is difficult to differentiate between the different repo’s when looking for an update. Many smart apps have the same description in the IDE e.g.:

Agree with that. Like give it user defined label. I do not know enough on
github.

met vriendelijke groeten,

Martin

JA, dit sal baie makliker wees. Groete :innocent: