[OBSOLETE] GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Switch With Double-Tap

I was able to update the DTH to set indicator status, invert switch, and advanced dimming parameters (ie zwave steps/manual and manual steps/delay) in the new app. The setting is now under preferences instead of the tiles, since the tiles aren’t in the new app. The update also supports double tap up and down button 1 and 2 in the new smartlighting app/webcore. Multiple buttons are not available in Automations. Per smartthings engineers, that will take an update to the mobile app itself at a future date. Once that update comes out I’ll try and update the code again.

Since Chris has moved on from Smarthings, I posted the code to my Github. It is published at mwav3 / smartthingscode / master or at this link https://github.com/mwav3/smartthingscode/blob/master/devicetypes/mwav3/ge-jasco-zwave-plus-dimmer-switch.src/ge-jasco-zwave-plus-dimmer-switch.groovy

Please note this code does not work with the newer switches that support double and triple tap. It is for the older Zwave Plus switches. It may support setting some features on the new switches but is not designed/tested for them. Those switches have vastly different configuration parameters so it might mess them up. If you try it on them, be prepared to factory reset your switches if it fails.

Also note, this will work with the new smartthings app, which buys us some time for now when they phase out the classic up. Once the IDE and Groovy are sunset, I have no idea how everything will work and how the code will need to be updated. Of course I learn how to update these now just in time for everything to change :slight_smile:

Please let me know if there are any issues with the new code, it has been tested on my devices and so far so good.

Also a tip - if you set the Zwave steps to a high number, like 90, when automations turn the lights on and off they will instantly set at that level and annoying ramping is gone. That won’t work on manual though, unless you want to turn your dimmer into just an on/off switch. Adjusting ramp rate on manual would require a firmware update, and Jasco to my knowledge doesn’t release those. Careful if you set the delay for Zwave too high as that could cause timeouts and improper status display when trying to turn the switch on or off. I tried to capture that with updated timings but the app will only wait so long for a switch to turn off before giving up on it. This new DTH got rid of a lot of semaphores I was having in webcore for timing issues.

Related on/off switch updated and available as well. I’ll also post under that topic.

2 Likes