[ABANDONED] Fibaro Wall Plug ZW5

Hi guys,

same issues here. Bought 5pcs last week, its very annoying. I’m also experiencing that the on/off state on the plug(under Things tab in the app) dosen’t update when controlled from a routine(ex Good Morning). And as mentioned on/off is not working AS it should.

Hope there is a solution for this:)

Jon

Hi, any news?

Jon

None. They are very quite.

I asked in a Norwegian forum (not just for ST) about this behaviour and it was confirmed by at least one other. He’s listed as using HomeSeer / Vera so at least I guess we can rule out weird incompatibilities with ST.

Link: https://www.hjemmeautomasjon.no/forums/topic/781-fibaro-wall-plug/#comment-10635

1 Like

Thanks @anderssv

I assume this is intended in some way because no devices are connected (perhaps there are some senor inside which detects something being plugged in?)

While we wait for Fibaro - have we tested the following:

• Connecting a plug
  • Associating it
  • Power on / off to confirm it becoming unresponsive
  • Connecting a device to it after some time has passed and veryfing if we can power it on?

Isn’t that what Fredde described? :slight_smile:

Indeed. :slight_smile:

Just switched to using your handler for my Fibaro FGWPE/F “ZW5” :).

The initial experience was a bit random, on / off worked, but kwh, w, reset and configure didn’t, only debug information was configure threw an exception at me.

However, after having filled in everything in the options menu, everything now works way better.

I’m using Hub SW; 000.016.00009
Fibaro: zw:Ls type:1001 mfr:010F prod:0602 model:1001 ver:3.02 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,22,59,56,7A,32,71,73,98,31 sec:85,70,72,5A,8E,25,86 role:05 ff:8700 ui:8700

An offtopic question. How do you guys know which zwave classes you need to write to for the different functions of the device?

Hi, does it work when you havent anything connected in the socket? When I tried to change for example the color ring when off, I couldnt see that my settings changed(seems like the settings wasnt sent/stored).

Is there a special sequence to make the changes?

Regards Jon

I guess I need to test it without any options set. Thanks for reporting. :slight_smile:

What error did you get? Please paste the error (with stacktrace if available) here. :slight_smile:

When it comes to the classes it’s been just trial and error for me. I started out by copying the previous handler for the plug and then just seeing which command classes came through on which actions. :slight_smile:

You can see which commands are supported in the cc: and sec: parts of the raw description, but that won’t give you the specific version of the message. On the z-wave site (see link the top of the source) it does specify which commands and the version, but that’s given in text so it’s hard to match up.

Anders,

Shouldn’t be a specific sequence. But if the plug is off, and no load is connected I suspect it doesn’t receive any commands at all. Try changing it when the plug is on and a load is connected…

No problem, thanks for the code and advice, am prototyping some smartThings integration!

The plug is at my house and like I said there isn’t any errors after you’ve done the setup, so I’ll have to go home and re-connect the plug, will post the stacktrace later.

1 Like

I’ll test without load today!

1 Like

Thx! Thats great.

Jon

Hi Jon

Can confirm, the switch is unreliable without any load connected to it :slight_smile:

Regards
Simon

Thx! I have returned the switches today.

Has anyone good experience with Aeon Smart Switch 6?

Regards Jon

Hey @ulfthomas74 did you ever hear back from Fibaro regarding these plugs?

Anders,

There might be some progress on this actually. Some of the guys on http://hjemmeautomautomasjon.no has found that the behaviour might stem from the fact that group 3 on this switch is set up to turn off other devices when the load is low.

So I’ve removed the group associations for 2+3 in the device handler, now only associating group 1. Published a new version to Github, would be great if anyone has time to test the low load scenarios with the new handler. :slight_smile: Maybe @Simon_Moller is able to test?

Anders,

Interesting! Good work:)

That link didn’t work for me (about the group 3 associations), but to me, the behavior being described sounds a lot more like the overload parameters. Because of the fact that people have to push the B button to bring the switch back online. So it sounds like the device is shutting itself off, not that it’s the issue with it trying to control other devices when its own load drops ( which would be the group 3 issue).