[ABANDONED] Fibaro Wall Plug ZW5

Your problems seems identical to mine aside from the hub version - both @anderssv and myself are on version 000.16.00011.

My suggestion would be to remove (exclude) all plugs and remove the DH. Then re-add the DH with the change on line 142 then re-add the plugs.

I have done every step
But i have also the same problems.

Clear your log and copy a few lines from when you are switching the plug on or off (and any other commands)

OFF:
2f034564-464c-4dc4-8bb8-816e7d7e9e11 14:14:50: debug zwaveEvent: v3.MeterReport
2f034564-464c-4dc4-8bb8-816e7d7e9e11 14:14:50: debug Command: MeterReport(deltaTime: 0, meterType: 1, meterValue: [0, 0], precision: 1, previousMeterValue: [0, 0], rateType: 1, scale: 2, scale2: false, scaledMeterValue: 0.0, scaledPreviousMeterValue: 0.0, size: 2)
2f034564-464c-4dc4-8bb8-816e7d7e9e11 14:14:50: debug Parse: zw device: 33, command: 3202, payload: 21 32 00 00 00 00

ON:

2f034564-464c-4dc4-8bb8-816e7d7e9e11 14:15:26: debug zwaveEvent: v3.MeterReport
2f034564-464c-4dc4-8bb8-816e7d7e9e11 14:15:26: debug Command: MeterReport(deltaTime: 0, meterType: 1, meterValue: [0, 0], precision: 1, previousMeterValue: [0, 0], rateType: 1, scale: 2, scale2: false, scaledMeterValue: 0.0, scaledPreviousMeterValue: 0.0, size: 2)
2f034564-464c-4dc4-8bb8-816e7d7e9e11 14:15:26: debug Parse: zw device: 33, command: 3202, payload: 21 32 00 00 00 00

Those are the same messages I get in my log but since I am still at work I have not been able to visually confirm that the state of the plug changes based on the command I send.

I will test and report back later today.

@anderssv

I just did some additional testing and all though the error messages are gone it does not resolve the problem.

Whenever I click on or off the following is logged and the plug does not respond:

‎14‎:‎48‎:‎48: debug zwaveEvent: v3.MeterReport
14‎:‎48‎:‎48: debug Command: MeterReport(deltaTime: 0, meterType: 1, meterValue: [0, 0], precision: 1, previousMeterValue: [0, 0], rateType: 1, scale: 2, scale2: false, scaledMeterValue: 0.0, scaledPreviousMeterValue: 0.0, size: 2)
14‎:‎48‎:‎48: debug Parse: zw device: 13, command: 3202, payload: 21 32 00 00 00 00

but if I first click “reset kwh” the following lines comes in addition to the ones above and the plug responds:

‎14‎:‎46‎:‎18: debug zwaveEvent: switchbinaryv1.SwitchBinaryReport
‎14‎:‎46‎:‎18: debug zwaveEvent: securityv1.SecurityMessageEncapsulation
‎14‎:‎46‎:‎18: debug Command: SecurityMessageEncapsulation(commandByte: [0], commandClassIdentifier: 37, commandIdentifier: 3, reserved13: 0, secondFrame: false, sequenceCounter: 0, sequenced: false)

Any insight?

Even more specific behaviour:

I have to click either on or off within 3 seconds of clicking “reset” or it wont have any effect.

Can anybody help?
@cscheiene @anderssv?

Update:

I must admit I have tested these plugs without any load or devices connected to them. Am I to understand that they behave differently if there are nothing connected to them?

Reason for asking is that I have now tested one them with a coffee maker attached and it behaves as expected. :open_mouth:

I don’t think the devices act differently with or without load… That would be weird…? So is it working now with the original code?

I still don’t really understand what’s going wrong, but I’ve removed the version array from zwave.parse() and get the same results as before. I suspect the code should start working for you too if you removed the array like this:

def cmd = zwave.parse(description)

So to my reasoning around this:

• The zwave.parse(…) method takes an optional map. This map can be used to change the version of the object parsed (to one lower than the one recived from the device). So with the array that was there 0x32 which is the MeterReport command would get version 1.
  • My hub doesn’t seem to respect this…?! Same seems to be for @Fredde. The map that was in the code should have made sure the MeterReport would come in as version 1…

My reasoning might be completely flawed, but hopefully someone can clarify. Maybe @JDRoberts can clear up our confusion? :slight_smile:

Anders,

Could you test? :slight_smile:

@MichaelC Are your devices connected to any appliances during your tests?

I will test the new code shortly.

I’m sorry I only have one, and it’s behind the dishwasher now. :wink: Maybe @Fredde could care to test how it behaves with and withoud a connected load? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have now tested with your code and the following happens:

• If the plug is connected to a device which continously draws current it will respond to any commands at all times
  • If the plug has NO device attached is does not respond (same behaviour as reported earlier)
  • If the plug is connected to a device which draws current and this device is powered off the plug will revert to previously reported behavior.

My 2 cent on this: It seems like if the plug stops communicating with the hub (when a device draws current the plug continously reports this usage to the hub - hench is online all the time) only the “reset kwh” is able to “wake” it again.

1 Like

This is a first generation device, they probably never tested it without having a load connected. It happens. :disappointed_relieved:

I would definitely write Fibaro and ask them what’s going on, just so they know about it, although they’ll probably tell you that it works just fine with their controller. Which may or may not be true, doesn’t matter, you just want to give them a poke about the issue.

Glad you were able to figure out the fail condition, though, that was a strange one!

I am abit reluctant to accept this as a final root cause because it will more or less render the device useless. This could lead to situations where you belive you have turned off a heater but infact the heater was off (because of the interal thermostat) when you sent the command hench the plug does not respond because there’s no current.

I will drop them an email about the issue but hopefully there are more people here who could test the various situations to confirm.

2 Likes

I have the completely same scenario with the new code:

This is weird. I’ll see if I can pull out the dishwasher tonight and test it with my plug too.

Anders,

2 Likes

Hi all

Actually i have the same issue if there is nothinh connected to the plug. It will respond to one on/off and then nothing more but if i then wait like for an hour, it works with one more on/off. But as soon i attach something to the plug, it works again

Fredrik

1 Like

Interresting.

I’ve emailed Fibaro asking about this behaviour and will report back when they respond. (Might take a few days because I was notified that they were swamped at the moment)

2 Likes

Confirmed to be similar here. :frowning: I use mine mainly to do metering so I don’t see it as often.

Did a bunch of testing on the handler though, and not getting any different versions of the commands in weird states. I’ve committed the changes to Github if anyone wants to update. :slight_smile:

2 Likes