[BETA][Edge Driver] Hue Dimmer Switch / Hue Wall Switch Module (No Hue Bridge)

could you capture the fingerprint of the device “thing” from the ide?

@iquix I did manage to pair it eventually and it works fine. I noticed though that it won`t work as well in routines than DHT device, but it works well when routines are made in dimmers button variations.

I might be missing something obvious but how do you map the middle to buttons to incrementally change the brightness of a light using a native ST routine? I used to use the ABC smart app and in that you could +/- brightness by a fixed about but all I can see natively is to set to a fixed brightness. Is it down to the device that’s being controlled?

1 Like

Hi I’ve got the same problem. Paired dimmer switch to ST hub few day’s ago got some philips g10 bulbs paired with hue hub and exposed to smartthings. I want to control them with dimmer switch paired to ST. All was good for few day’s until this morning switch flashing orange light nothing happens in ST app. Any clue’s much appreciated.

I have succesfully paired a dimmer in ST with this edge driver four times and each time some hours or a day goes by and then it seems like the switch is no longer connected. When pressing a button the remote flashes red in stead of green. The remote is still visible in Smartthings but no button presses are registered. It seems like some loss of connection which isn’t established again nomatter how long the remote is laying right next to the hub.

Is the Hue switch able to differentiate between a single button press and multiple presses. The driver supports a single press and hold. But i was pretty sure that old device handler for the Hue switch supported multiple button presses. Would it be possible to add that funcktionality?
By the way, i love the driver!
Kind regards Daniel

No, there’s no specific multi press packets sent from this device.

There’s no multi presses in the DTH either.
[BETA] Hue Dimmer Switch DTH (No Hue bridge) rewritten - Devices & Integrations / Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community

2 Likes

i am also having the problems with the Hue dimmer losing sync with ST and just flashing red, after several days.
So far my solution has been to remove and re-insert the battery.
Tried a second Hue dimmer for the same job and it had same issue.

Yet I have one that has not been any issue.

The only difference is possibly which hub it communicates with.
I have the ST Wifi so have 3 hubs around the house.
I had noticed previously that devices didnt always talk to the closest hub.
However I dont think I can check the path and or signal strengths anymore can I on edge drivers??

1 Like

Well, both dimmer switches went down again.
One doesnt even flash red the other does.
Batteries both check out reasonably on battery tester. Tking batt out did nothing, had to do 10sec press to reset dimmer. Was then recognised as previous label, but 1: Lost its automations & 2: changed room to Hubs room (where all my new devices now seem to appear). Again doesnt register presses in App or on device.
These dimmers have been very reliable for at least a year until I moved them to this edge driver.
The really interesting thing is that initially they both connected to edge driver and worked well for first week, then – very, very difficult to get them to reattach successfully – I still havent got either to work correctly again, new batt, dimmer reset, etc :exploding_head:

@iquix I have had another Hue dimmer kill battery, this time in 2-3 days. Brand new Energizer, tested with digital battery checker. Full charge on 21 Jan, dead (2.2v) on 24 Jan. Dimmer was 4 mtrs line of sight of the main hub (there are three ST wifi hubs - other two are other corners of the house). I have had same Hue dimmers working in similar positions (to this and the previously mentioned 2) for well over a year with no issue or battery replacement on the old DTH.
Any suggestions?

Update
And another one has died.
Have about 8 more of these dimmers ready to set up, but may have to discard them all.
Interesting, that of the 5 playing up so far,
2 refuse to be reset
It makes no difference where they are located relative to the hubs.

Did you managed to find a way how to incrementally increase/decrease brightness using Hue Dimmer natively by ST?
As I understand SmartApps are gone together with Groovy.
Without incremental change it’s not correct to call device a dimmer, rather multi button switch with fixed brightness levels.

1 Like

And even another dimmers has been locked out and flashing red lndicator light !
And another one has noe killed 3 batteries in last month, one in 3 days! These are premium Panasonic and Energiser batts.

On the old DTH I have had these same dimmers working reliably for up to a year and zero red indicators.

Started to think this was another phantom STWifi hub problem so moved one to an Aeotec hub, and so far this has flashed red one requiring the battery removal and reinserting.

Anyone any ideas??. Would hate to discard then as I find, at least had found, them very usefull around the house!

1 Like

Found the drivers & installed but is there an update on incremental increas & decrease of brightness?

Hi there! I am trying to get my hue dimmer switch (model: 324131092621) connected to smartthings, but I don’t see any way to add the switch? I have installed the hue dimmer driver, and I’ve removed the dimmer from the hue hub, but the switch doesn’t show up when I search for nearby devices, and the switch itself doesn’t have a qr code to scan. Am I missing something?

Edit: I got it working. I was indeed missing something. It certainly helps to put the remote in pairing mode :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Pairing mode will reset initial setup with Philips hub?

Not sure, I remove it from the hue hub before putting it in pairing mode, just to be sure

Hi Jaewon thank you for the driver works great for my Hue dimmer (Im using only as switch not dimmer)

I have 2 of these which have both been chewing through batteries since 3 firmware updates ago. Up until that time battery life was normal.

Have many of these(model 324131137411), and with DTH I loved them, but since edge very variable performance. Keep going off line and need resetting (10sec). Battery performance is now abysmal and getting worse!!
Last battery (new Panasonic) lasted 4 days untill completely dead (from 3.26v down to 1.8v).
Is there any hope!?
If not at least 10 to the bin
Doesnt matter whether on the ST wifi hub or on the Aeotec hub, they all keep disconnecting (red light) and chewing batteries very regularly, often within days. Removing and readding make no improvement.
Shame they all worked perfectly prior to Edge!!,

I have not been here long.
I got rid of the V1 Hue dimmer switches because they were often unresponsive and had to be reset to the system. V2 works great.
@iquix: I have a question for you. I bought a Hue button from Amazon yesterday and using your driver, the thing disconnects from the system and does not work. Any thoughts?