[OBSOLETE] Community SmartApp Installer

Same for me

I’m not able to duplicate this authentication issue at all on 6 different devices.
I’m wondering if some sort of security extension is blocking it.

I did notice a different issue with the app not installing child devices or apps.

I’m going to get that fixed very quickly

Like a security extension within the ST app? Or somewhere else? I have a OnePlus 3 so very stock Android with no extensions/anti-virus apps installed.

1 Like

Yea I was referring to an Android extension. Well there goes that theory :slight_smile:

Is your account a Samsung account?

Nope - it’s a Smartthings account, and it worked for the first few days without issue. I did notice that a couple of times it had duplicated entries in the list of apps (like the Ask Alexa app was showing up three times in the list)

Just tried again and worked. I tried over and over again yesterday and wouldn’t work. So no idea

1 Like

I just pushed up a new release like 2 minutes ago. so that’s good to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok I’ve been wondering this for a while now and finally saved screenshots so I can ask. Your last update doesn’t show up when trying to update from repo, but yet it’s purple so I know it needs to be updated. However when this happens it’ll show the magnifying glass and gives further options as shown in the last screenshot. Should I wait until it show up in the update from repo option or do overwrite code and save with using the magnifying glass option?

I’m not sure why it’s showing that (The IDE integration was really messed up last week so who knows). The smartapp will rarely need updates and when it does the web app will let you know. Eventually it will perform the update for you. :slight_smile:

I’d love nothing better than automatic updates or at least update notifications. @rayzurbock has this cool setup where the icon for Big Talker changes if the smartapp needs to be updated.

Do you mean being able to update like this?

This is available in the app right now. It will show once the developer publishes an update to there code.

1 Like

Please NO… automatic updates IMO are hellish creatures that are issues waiting to happen :slight_smile:

At least make it configurable /begs

It will always require the user to initiate

2 Likes

Hi, I tried this 2x and my phone is stuck at loading data please wait. I have a Galaxy S8 and tried both embeded and browser.

1 Like

Looks good in the new SmartThings app!

I wish. It doesn’t open in external browser and it cuts off the whole top of the page

ah, yeah, never have used external browser.

I just installed the Community Installer and I’m also experiencing the “sit and spin” at the Loading Data screen. It is a SmartThings account and I tried both the embedded browser and the mobile browser. It never moves past that screen. I’m on iOS on an iPhone X, if that matters.

I too can’t get past the loading screen. On a Pixel 2 XL, tried embedded, external, etc.

I’m also seeing the double login issue. Neither my Samsung nor ST logins actually work on the first screen, and the 2nd screen is always Samsung login, which does work.