[OBSOLETE] Community SmartApp Installer

I’ve tried installing this a few times. I can’t get past the “Loading Data” screen.
I’ve tried both the embedded and mobile browser. even tried putting in wrong credentials
which it recognized. Uninstalled it and tried again with the same results.

Thanks for reporting. I will try and replicate the issue.

1 Like

FWIW, I was using Chrome Beta as the mobile browser.
I un-installed it and tried again and i’m stuck in the same place.

Thanks!

Sorry :expressionless: Work is kicking my butt today… I will look at this though soon

I had some time at my work so I gave it a shot.

Not a big deal. Thanks again.

I pushed up some tweaks and tested on both iOS and Android and seen no issues.

Thanks for that. I tried again this morning.

I see Authenticating, then it’s stuck on Loading Data Please Wait.
I did update with the new code. Should I try deleting everything maybe
and starting once again?

Tony

I am new to smarthome but followed the instructions to install the Community SmartApp Installer and I am having the same issue that Tony_Taurisano reported.
After installing and going to the home page it asks me to login. Had a password issue so I reset my (samsung) password and still had a password issue. When I check the box to show password it works but unchecked it does not.
Once I get past that I get a perpetual loading data screen.

This is on a Galaxy Tab A.

I’m not sure what other info you may need but let me know and I’ll provide it.

I am also new to smartthings but I’m having the same issue that Tony_Taurisano reported. This is on a iPad Pro.
On update as to why?

Can you guys send me a screenshot of what it is you’re seeing

Sure here’s what I see. Never gets passed this screen also have to enter my credentials twice[Image]

Thanks

Get Outlookhttps://aka.ms/qtex0l for iOSrdqp

Try changing the browser type to external

Good Morning everyone.
I am a newbie and I seem to be stuck at the same point as TonyTaurisano. I am using an iPad Air 2 running the latest release of IOS.

A lot of clever stuff going on here and Im truly humbled .

Keep up the good work !!!

Ok tried external browser and that solved 2nd login issue but still seeing this on browser page. Will not advance from here[Image]

Get Outlookhttps://aka.ms/qtex0l for iOSrdqp

I also retried this again this morning on both the embedded and mobile browser and can’t get past the Loading Data Please Wait screen.

My apologies if I missed it in the thread but why do a lot of the smartapps have multiple entries? Are those the child apps? For example it shows one of the Trend Setters as being installed but the others don’t show as installed. I’ve already got Trend Setter setup from before but wondering if in the future I need to install each one of the listings of the same smartapp or just one?

Another question is do I save this so it installs and moves over to the automations tab or leave it under marketplace my smartapps section?

Overall though I’ve got to say this is really cool. I love the idea of being presented with a list of available smartapps al in one place and easily being able to install them. Great work!

On the duplicates - I had the same issue (somewhere above in the thread) … click the Home Icon @ the top of the app … should fix it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried things again but this time I loaded the ST app on my Samsung phone and it worked.

There is still one peculiarity. I am using a Samsung ID and the first login always fails taking me to a second, slightly different, login screen which I am successful logging in to. At first I thought I forgot my password or that I mistyped it. But after several attempts I am sure I am using the correct id and password the first time.

This is not a big deal but peculiar.

This is wonderful installer
Glad to see great things happening

Is anybody else having issues authenticating? Mine just sits and spins…and it used to work.