[OBSOLETE] Community SmartApp Installer

He’s probably talking about how other SmartApps save your password in app settings. This app is different, though, because it just passes you straight through to login via Samsung. There is no way for this app to save that information (nor would you want it to do so) because it’s directly accessing your core account and IDE.

But at the same time, I do agree it’s super annoying to have to log in every time; in my case, I have to put info in twice because of the weird Samsung account redirecting. It would be bearable of the browser would at least save the info or allow lastpass population, but it doesn’t, probably because of what @veeceeoh said about the sandboxed browser. Maybe ST could make the change to the underlying SmartThings mobile app so it opens up a more flexible browser for us.

1 Like

That 2nd page that comes up to enter email and PW again is the same page that you get if you fat finger your pw when logging into IDE. You get this no matter what when it is initiated from within the ST app. I don’t mind having to login each time, but entering my credentials 2x each time is annoying as hell.

1 Like

I think he may be using a Password vault like LASTPASS. For some reason LASTPASS does not populate the Smartthings credentials from within your app. No big deal if you know how to access your info and copy/paste.

1 Like

Recently i received a notification recommending i link the smartthings.com and samsung.com domains in lastpass under my account setting

LastPass doesn’t populate anything within SmartThings as far as I know (on iOS at least).

1 Like

It won’t auto populate, but if you hit the share button and tap on lastpass it will show your smartthings passwords and offer you to copy username or password

1 Like

Ah, I see what you mean, Still, you can only copy one thing at a time, so it ends up involving so many taps it’s not much better than manually typing it in. When I think Lastpass, I think of one tap to populate all login fields. I know there’s not much you can do about that, though.

agreed… if you try that same maneuver on a ipad it will crash the whole ST app.
I’m working on seeing if there is a better way to handle the samsung logins

2 Likes

No big deal to jump over to LASTPASS and copy and paste.

I have the fix coming for the double samsung account logins… It will require you to update your installer smartapp though :slightly_smiling_face:

I will let you know when it’s out

I just installed this using the IDE “update from repo” method. When I login in the Installer Home page is blank. Any recommendations?

Edit: I’m using the SmartThings Login account Type if that is relevant.

Just saw that an app update was released.
Updated and I can browse the App list :):grinning:

Sorry bout that. Stupid typo :expressionless:
I have one more smart app update coming that will allow you to choose whether to use embedded web-view or your mobile app browser.

The update i pushed out to the smartapp earlier addresses the double login for samsung users.

Updates

Ok i just updated the SmartApp to allow selecting between Embedded browser and External Browser.
Also fixed the double login for Samsung Accounts as well.

If I use the embedded browser option, I still get hit with the double login bug. The external browser option works great, though.

No way… Make sure you selected samsung account type in the installer smartapp otherwise it will use the old method

Afraid so. I tried both account types just to be sure - same effect for both. Also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the SmartApp.

It’s working brilliantly now for me !! Its soooo good thanks @tonesto7

@brbeaird
So when you are presented with the login window does it show the samsung logo with email and password box on the first load?

@tonesto7 Working perfect for me using the external browser and login and password is populating.