Nothing materially different. Really just backend and formatting changes.
- Reformatted the Button Config Preview layout
- Structured Button Config page for easy code editing (removed ~75 lines of code
- reduced clutter (hid secondary inputs until primary inputs were configured)
Original smartApp has been split into 2 new Parent/Child smartapps to be compliant with smartThings coding recommendation. This new 2 part version is recommended, but not necessary for those who already have this app installed and functional.
It fixes the hanging during initial setup on IOS devices. Any further updates will be applied to this new 2 part version.
The original version is now deprecated…See post 58 below for links to the original hybrid smartApp.
Update 1/28/18: Added Icons and details for Remotec ZRC-90US Button Controller.
Yes, I know…another button controller smartApp. I created this one for myself but I figured I would share it for those who felt the flow of the other apps needed improvement. Below are the minor annoyances this smartApp is meant to fix
- Existing button Controllers required me to “next my way through” a static number of buttons (4 or 6) to configure or change a single setting.
- In some of these you were presented with an endless pages of options to scroll through
- I love CoRe but making a quick change on the fly for testing became a bit of a chore…and assisting my non techie friends and family meant I pretty much had to create and maintain all their configs as well as my own.
This smartapp allows you to use a device with buttons including, but not limited to:
- Aeon Labs Minimotes
- HomeSeer HS-WD100+ switches (See InApp User’s Guide for details)
- HomeSeer HS-WS100+ switches
- Lutron Picos (See User’s Guide for details)
- All button configs are listed under one Parent App so they don’t clutter the ST SmartApp List
- A complete revamp of the configuration flow. This app will detect the number of buttons on your device or allow you to manually specify (only needed if device does not report on its own).
- The button configuration page has been collapsed by default for easier navigation.
- You can now tell at a glance, what has been configured for each button on the main device page.
- Allows for incremental level (volume and brightness) increases/decreases.
- Allows you to give your buton device full speaker control including: Play/Pause, NextTrack, Mute, VolumeUp/Down.
(Standard Pico remotes can be converted to Audio Picos)
I also made a quick video here that shows what setting up a new device feels like and shows what the advanced options do as well. Hopefully some of you see a benefit to this version.
PARENT (SHOULD BE SAVED AND PUBLISHED:
CHILD CREATOR - DO NOT PUBLISH