[BETA] Advanced Button Controller (ABC)

Hi Paul,

I haven’t read through the whole thread when grabbed ABC for myself. So it is based on the original code. I’ve just notices your updates from 6 month ago regarding the Hue Color bulbs.

So, a manual update/fork would be required. As I wrote this is for the new Sonos. If anyone use and old DHT, which uses the musicPlayer, then this code is not backward compatible.

Thanks, I’ll look to see if I can add a toggle for Music Player / Sonos and incorporte both

It is not only the capability, but the command has changed too for the volume control. Plus I added the previous track option to the list.

You can get over the volume one if you put an if statement into the command part with the capability in question.

I’ve mostly changed these things only for myself to make my buttons working. It was second that someone asked for it. But why not share the love…

I’ll have a go this weekend and then maybe you could test it for me to see if your side still works

Ok! Send me a PM from where I should get the code. :+1:

I’ve updated the feature branch now, updated slightly so levels are between 0-100 (max & min checks) if you can load and recheck Sonos please. I am checking as much of other functionality. thanks

Ok, I will do tonight. I don’t think that the negative values were any problem, the platform could handle it.

Just a quick question: I’m using ABC for scene control with Zooz switches and Dimmers. I have a couple of rooms that are 3 or 4 way switches with Zooz switches installed at each switch location.

Is there a way to copy my button mappings to use the same mapping on multiple switches in a 3 way setup?

I couldn’t see a way to copy them in either the app or the raw code on the IDE. I’m hoping there’s an easy way, because setting up 4-5 different button presses that utilize 6-7 smart bulbs on numerous switches quickly becomes a big pain.

1 Like

My buttons were starting to act weird. They would do everything twice. I decided to delete the smart app and start over. After coming here I saw the new child/parent setup. I did that and now get a server error when selecting a button (i.e. 1 or 2) for my device. I then decided to go back to the old app but it us doing the same thing. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Edit:
I figured it out. I installed the newer version of the Smartthings app a while ago I went back to the classic app and everything went fine.

Edit:
The weird cycling is still happening.

Hello , does any one have the link for the latest code for this on github ?

@uacolon, here is it:

@Paul_Sheldon takes care of it.

1 Like

As far as I know there is no feature like that. @Paul_Sheldon, have you added anything like that?

@foltz61, look at the button in the IDE, is it showing events twice by any chance? The SmartApp subscribes to the events, it would trigger twice only if the button has been pressed twice.

Or if you have the same mapping set up in two different version of the SmartApp. You can check what SmartApps you have installed in the IDE too. You can find it under Location, SmartApps on the bottom.

Not at the moment, not sure how hard it would be to complete

1 Like

Thank you Gent’s

Thanks for the suggestion. It has stopped happening as of today though.

1 Like

If it comes back, look for any duplication in the IDE.

@Paul_Sheldon, I noticed there may be some confusion regarding my legacy version of the ABC app in previous posts. Please let me know if you would like me to edit the original post with a link to a new thread or directly to your github repo. Just supply me with the text and links you need and I can update accordingly.

2 Likes

@stephack Thanks, yes it makes sense to start a new topic. If you could add a link to the initial page to the following topic and I’ll get it updated ASAP.
[ABC - Advanced Button Controller - 2019 Edition]

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.