Best wireless Siren?

@urman
@geko
Does anyone operate the Lowes Utilitech Siren plugged in to the wall?
I know the AC adapter does not come with it, but wanted to verify it will work.

Are both the Lowes Utilitech and the FortrezZ zwave repeaters?
Thx

@Dave: lol. 120dB? Thatā€™s a cat killer.

2 Likes

Only the FortrezZ is a repeater. The Utilitechs main source of power are batteries, while the FortrezZ is meant to be plugged in.

Battery backup is NO GOOD if it canā€™t communicate with the cloud because the internet is down as well.

So Andrew, is the siren type ready?

I believe it may be released already. Have you tried pairing it?

I donā€™t see it on the devices list in IDE.

Me too. I canā€™t find this functionality anywhere yet.

Iā€™m having problems with my Fortrezz SSA2USR. If I test it without being paired it, the siren goes off and the strobe light works perfectly. However, when part of the network and set to be triggered by a motion sensor, it acts in a weird way. WHen triggered by motion, the siren goes off for less than a second ,then for a second, then for a couple of seconds then stops. Sometimes it goes off for a second and stops.
Anyone experienced similar effects?

Is there anything seriously loud?

I have the FortrezZ and Iā€™m seriously disappointed with how loud it is. Itā€™s in my garage and I can barely hear it upstairs in the house. I can hear it standing in my driveway, but not next door. It sounds like a smoke alarm. I want it to wake up the neighbors if it goes off.

Check zoning, this is not allowed in many cities, even for smoke alarms.

If you meant wake up a specific set of neighbors, you can have them notified in any of several ways.

Any update on whether the Aeotec siren works with SmartThings yet?

It works but itā€™s not yet certified. Weā€™re looking into a bug related to the strobe-only functionality and hope to have it officially tested and certified within a month.

Utilitech Siren yet?

I have two of them and they work just fine. Set them up through the SmartThings app. Also have them attached through the Minimote to toggle on/offā€¦

I use them as well. But just wanted a specific device type so I could see battery.

Most of the time just because your power is out doesnā€™t mean that your internet necessarily is as well. As long as you have your ST hub and your modem/router plugged into the UPS you should be fine.

Is the Aeotec siren a signal repeater?

Lol 1000k clicks! Flattering :smile:

I found this thread while investigating whether I could use the Gocontrol Home Security Suite Z wave devices with the Smartthings hub which I bought at the same time. I didnā€™t see an answer, but after fiddling a while, it works! It was kind of partially paired at first, I guess. The siren, model number WA105DBZ-1, finally works. I set up an automation and everything.
So as to the title of the thread, ā€œbest wireless siren,ā€ based on ease of set up Iā€™d say 3/5 stars, but price value is 4/5. Pretty good for the $80 I paid on amazon for this kit.

Though I see itā€™s more costly now.