Best Garage door solution with v2

What is the purpose of the energy switch in your setup?

I chose it because it was the cheapest appliance/light module I could find. You can use any appliance/module switch to interface with the RM10 relay. You can also use a wall receptacle but my goal was easy and low costs.

Iā€™m just not clear on why itā€™s neededā€¦

You need a z-wave device that can send an on/off to the RM10 relay. Energy switch has no meaning for this application, it is the on/off capability that is needed. Try watching the video on the 007 systems web page as I really donā€™t know what else to say.

I purchased the linear garage door opener a few weeks ago. I am using it with a very old Garage door opener. I think I found a manufacturer date of 98 on the Craftsman unit.

It was very easy to install, just a couple of wires connected to the same place as the existing button.

So far it has been rock solid stable on the smartthings system. I couldnā€™t recommend it more.

I used this GoControl module and a samsung multi sensor. Iā€™m going to swap the samsung multi sensor when I find a good deal on a tilt sensor.

It was easy to setup. I needed to cut a spare computer power cord and connect to the module for power, but I didnā€™t mind that.

Yeah you can get a whole new garage door opener system (like this one - https://bestgaragegear.com/best-garage-door-opener/#Chamberlain_WD832KEVG_Whisper_Drive_Garage_Door_Opener) with an internet gateway for around $150 so this does seem pricey.

Sorry for the reply to an old thread. I used a monoprice curtain module to control my garage door. Open and close commands also send a momentary stop command prior, so thatā€™s whatā€™s wired into my garage door opener. I have a door/window sensor mounted on the vertical rail that tells me when the door is open or closed. What Iā€™d really like to do now is figure up a way to have one device that will integrate both the sensor and the control module.