Best bulb for dimming and nightlight

Hey gang.

I’m about to start changing our hallway over to being smart. The most crucial element to my plans are having the lights work as motion activated nightlights.

The Hue colour bulbs I have tend to be quite bright even at their lowest setting, meaning it’s quite jarring when they come on at night.

Is there a better option available?

Colour. Set to deep red. Works well[quote=“chrisgunton, post:1, topic:73644, full:true”]
Hey gang.

I’m about to start changing our hallway over to being smart. The most crucial element to my plans are having the lights work as motion activated nightlights.

The Hue colour bulbs I have tend to be quite bright even at their lowest setting, meaning it’s quite jarring when they come on at night.

Is there a better option available?
[/quote]

The new Hue generation stuff like the Go and Lightstrip Plus are very good. I have two strips under the bed and one around the perimeter of the jacuzzi. If anyone gets up they softly light the way to the bathroom without disturbing the other sleeper.

BTW so is a GE dimmer with a standard incandescent lamp (capable of a faint glow).