[OBSOLETE] BeSense Motion Sensor Handler

New Handler for BeSense Motion Sensor. (6 March / 2017)

1. Tamper Alert.
  2. Battery Status.
  3. False Alarms optimization.
  4. Icon changes allowed.

Thank you for trust in BeSense PIR Motion sensor and 360 ceiling motion sensor.

1 Like

Awesome. Glad to see another ceiling mounted 360-degree motion sensor available!

Thank you, they work very well. With this new BeSense Handler, we guarantee the maximum performance for our sensors.

BeSense

www.besense-iot.com

Hello,

I purchased the BeSense Wall Motion Sensor a few months ago and I am now installing it. I followed the instructions on the BeSense website which instructed me to change the “type” to Z-Wave Plus Motion/Temp Sensor. I understand that this sensor is not temperature capable, but my understanding is that it does have a battery indicator. However, when I look at the app on my phone, it only indicates motion but the battery indicator is not there. Please let me know if there are any additional steps that I need to take in order to use this feature. Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for your business.

To update the battery status please double click the tamper switch. some times the hub doesn’t read the first message sent from the sensor.
Once the hub receive the battery status the upgrade is automatically.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional question.

Steve M.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for the quick reply! That sure did the trick. Thanks again.

Jose

Hi, I followed this thread but I can’t seem to get this working. Battery level shows in the ST app, and it always says “motion”, but it does not trigger an alarm when you walk in front of it.

Hi thank you for contacting us.
Please follow the instructions below:

1. You have to use the “SmartThings Classic” App
  2. Try to reset the device. You can reset the device clicking 6 times in the tamper switch located next to the batteries.
  3. Reconnect the devices to your SmartThings hub by clicking on Add thing > + Connect New Device in your app. Press and release the tamper switch button on the sensor three times quickly (https://youtu.be/IKxToamFMjY) .
  4. Please double check that you’ve selected the correct handler: " Z WAVE PLUS MOTION SENSOR" for Cloud Execution Location or the Handler “Z-wave Motion Sensor” for Local Execution Location.

In the following link, you can see the detailed instructions and some helpful videos.
http://besense-iot.com/blog/#more-98

We’d really love to hear from you so don’t hesitate to contact us!

Regards

BeSenSe Team.

Hi,

So why should I use the " Z WAVE PLUS MOTION SENSOR" handler instead of the “Z-wave Motion Sensor” one, if the last one runs locally? is there any advantage?

TIA

@besense Hi I just purchased your Motion Sensor over the weekend got it setup (very easy) and everything was fine. This morning I noticed that the sensor is not responding. I see the red light blink and it picks up motion but the lights are not triggered. What I’ve done troubleshooting wise:

1. Changed the device handler (zwave motion sensor / zwave plus motion/temp sensor).
  2. Deleted from ST and reconnected it and re-setup the rules again.
  3. Ran zwave repair (multiple times).
  4. Factory reset the device.

It’s still not triggering any lights though I see it picking up motion. Battery is 100%

Have you seen this before. A few people mentioned to me via the ST FB group that they’ve experienced the same issues.

Please assist.
Thank you

Hi, I bought the wall mounted motion sensor, installed it and changed it to Zwave plus motion/temp sensor… my problem is that it gives me false motion activity regularly!

-I have 2 small cats, so I changed the pins to the lowest sensitivity (3 pulses) and the code is in NORM. But i keep having false events.
-I even reset it by clicking 6 times, removed it from my ST hub and added it again. With no effect.

So I had to take it out of my Smart Home Monitoring. If i can fix it soon i will return it.

Does anyone else have this problems? I bought it because it said “pet friendly”…What else can i do? Thanks!