[Beaming/Repeater* device] Difference between Enbrighten 46201 and 47336 switches? Possibly the house doesn't have enough space to use the repeater?

Correct, I’m just for one of these devices: FAQ: why would I need another beaming repeater if my zwave lock is already close to my hub?, a beaming repeater** device. lol sorry, it mentions buffering a couple times in Rboy’s post and I assumed that was the layman’s term for it.

And thank you for the tip on the new switch! That’s what I was worried about reading a post from 2018…It’d be nice to edit that more current recommendation in there. I didn’t like the click function on the switch anyway (I know it’s not going to feel like a dumb switch, but this GE switch feel like it sticks rather than bouncing back like my other smart switches.).

The only Zwave devices I have are the Yale Lock (Zwave plus) and this new switch.

Damn, that’s super close. The switch is a full 18’ from the lock. I guess I should find another device to use as a beaming repeater… I thought the kitchen switch was a good workaround but I really wanted Hue bulbs in there eventually anyway :/… Looks like I had to run a neutral for nothing lol

Ok, very good to know.

That’s pretty dope.

Thank you for the very informative write up! I’m sure I’ll be going back to it for more information the future.

1 Like