Battery level kwickset 914 not reporting

It’s a good place to start. If that doesn’t work you may have to either live with it or contact kwikset and see what they have to say. Hopefully it will fix it for you though!

will do…thanks

1 Like

Folks, I seem to have fixed my problem. Thanks to all of you for your input as well.

First of all, after looking closely at the specs of my lock, it is Kwikset 910 (not 914 as I thought). It is a ZWave device.

All I did was to choose a different Zwave Type device in the device handler online. I choose “Zwave Lock with Codes” in the device properties. The default device type was “Zwave Lock”. This did the trick. I can see the battery percentage as 60% now and the 1% default error message is gone. I will have to wait now to replace the batteries when they are exhausted to see if the annoying 1% message shows up again. For now I am good. Thanks again.

I have the same lock a Kwikset 910 – I changed the device type to “Zwave Lock with Codes” - how long does it take for the 0% to go away? I had changed the batteries already, prior to finding this possible solution. Thanks.

It should change almost immediately, less than 10 sec. If it doesn’t, please try changing the device type to Z-wave Lock, update the device handler online. Then go back in and select “Z-wave Lock with codes” second time and see if that helps. Also, make sure you have used fresh set of batteries (I am sure you did, just wanted to make sure). I have to follow this process everytime I change the batteries on this Lock.

@njschwartz: This solved a long standing problem I had with my kwikset locks! Many thanks.

1 Like

You all are fantastic! Thank you for helping me fix this long time problem - me and my wife are thrilled!

Hi Nate,
I am finally getting a chance to look at this code and see the line included that you mentioned to add. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you,
Gary

def refresh() {
def cmds = [secure(zwave.doorLockV1.doorLockOperationGet())]
if (state.assoc == zwaveHubNodeId) {
log.debug “device.displayName is associated to {state.assoc}”
} else if (!state.associationQuery) {
log.debug “checking association”
cmds << “delay 4200”
cmds << zwave.associationV1.associationGet(groupingIdentifier:2).format() // old Schlage locks use group 2 and don’t secure the Association CC
cmds << secure(zwave.associationV1.associationGet(groupingIdentifier:1))
state.associationQuery = now()
} else if (secondsPast(state.associationQuery, 9)) {
cmds << “delay 6000”
cmds << zwave.associationV1.associationSet(groupingIdentifier:2, nodeId:zwaveHubNodeId).format()
cmds << secure(zwave.associationV1.associationSet(groupingIdentifier:1, nodeId:zwaveHubNodeId))
cmds << zwave.associationV1.associationGet(groupingIdentifier:2).format()
cmds << secure(zwave.associationV1.associationGet(groupingIdentifier:1))
state.associationQuery = now()
}
log.debug “refresh sending ${cmds.inspect()}”
cmds
}

Hey @garyswartz did you get it figured out? I have been away and just saw this. I am not 100% certain what you are asking. I am happy to try to help if you let me know what the issue is exactly.

Nate

Hi Nate,
To fix the issue of the battery level not changing from 1% you indicated to add a line of code below. My code already has this line. Just wondering if there is something else I can do to correct this issue.

Thanks,

Gary

The line I said to add isn’t in that code you posted above. In that code above, underneath the line:

def refresh() {
def cmds = [secure(zwave.doorLockV1.doorLockOperationGet())]

add:

cmds << secure(zwave.batteryV1.batteryGet())

and then save/publish and try hitting the refresh button and see what happens.

Yeah I’m interested in learning how you do that. Can you please give me the instructions.

I’m having this issue with my kwikset 910. I had a company pick which lock, cameras, etc… to buy for my house. I bought everything he said and he installed it all. He never got my lock or garage door to work with the zwave controller he had me buy. Needless to say I’ll never have him do work at my house again! Anyways, recently I bought a Nvidia Shield and the smarthings link for it. I finally got it to pair with my kwikset lock however it says my battery is at 0% and gives an error when I try to lock or unlock the door with the app. It says a network or server error occured. So, it won’t do anything in the app! How can I fix this? The batteries are new. They are not rechargeable. They are Duracell Quantum batteries.

This was driving me crazy too. I just went into the device handler and reporting and clicked update and it seemed to update the battery level from just doing that.
Love the apps when they work-drive me crazy when they don’t:)
Thanks for those that posted here before-gave me a direction to look!

I’d like to know how you did this. I have 3 locks and only one is stuck on 1%.