@bamarayne Tell me about your Toilet!

I thought my 8 echos (1 echo, 7 dots) was a lot, we are tied.

2 Likes

Echo–oh man this is cool! We need another one! Wait what is this, a mini echo! 2 Dots Please. Whoa Babe!! Echo for $80!! Oh my Lord, Buy 5 get one free! We can give them to loved ones for Christmas… Christmas time came and 4 people were on the “naughty” list. :joy:

1 Like

Yes, just got a tip and I can now control my NuHeat Signature Thermostats for the heated floors. Working on a DH…

Haha I won! Six dots and three echoes!

2 Likes

I think we all need help! Hello, my name is Ron and I’m an “Automaholic”.

There’s a thread for that. :wink:

(Note note that @bamarayne has already officially been deemed an “enabler.”)

4 Likes

Yes, I have a pressure mat in the couch so I can tell if someone is sitting on it, no joke. Take a seat, right now it is not occupied.

3 Likes

That is…wow

1 Like

oh man… I have GOT to get some of these… for the couches, the beds… the toilets!

3 Likes

You guys are killing me! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This mat is ideal for a couch or bed.

This mat is better for a doormat.

Cut the wires and connect it to a contact sensor that has external contacts like the EcoLink.

3 Likes

Oh no. You just gave me my new idea. I could use that doormat at my front door when people arrive. I have the Ring Doorbell but I had to turn off motion notifications because I was getting too many even on the lowest setting.

1 Like

Yep, it’s been a popular project for awhile. :sunglasses:

You guys will make me go bankrupt.

2 Likes

LMAO! At least you are still using “future” tense!

Payback for me was 2 years…Now, calculated at year 2078!

Now, only if Lowes would put their motion sensors back on sale.

2 Likes

@bamarayne yea, that is impressive. i started w/ ST in 2014 and slowly built up my devices to around 160-170, and was using Rule Machine, and most of all the different integrations.

I got ST v2 when it very first came out, and I’ve been trimming out devices, I don’t need, like or aren’t useful for the last few years because of the pain to migrate. I’ve been really reducing the different rules, and crazy situations I had accounted for, and i’ve gone from 20 modes to 6 different modes that house is in now.

I’ve found w/ 4 teenagers and my wife and I, the automation part is useful for some things but there are just so many edge cases it isn’t worthwhile. And i didn’t want to maintain a system like that, I now spend maybe 1 hr every other week messing w/ my setup or devices, and they are relativity stable.

1 Like

LOL… @whoismoses @bamarayne You guys are amateurs, I have 5 Echos, and 7 dots, and one Google Home. :smiley:

4 Likes

Ok, I had to check out the thread… something about 92 posts about a toilet piqued my curiosity.

4 Likes

Admitting that in a public forum makes you very brave in my books, hehe.

2 Likes