Awesome SmartApp: Mood Cube (with critical bug)

Here’s my setup for that.

The x LR buttons are Hue scenes I’ve imported into SmartThings using Hue B, although Hue…Oh My worked the same way too. I don’t think the stock Hue handler can do scenes, so you may have to redo your Hue Lights if you’re still on that handler.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply - I understand you importing the scenes, makes pefect sense.

Regarding the nesting of the THEN statements within the larger IF, is this achieved in a single piston or is this one piston referring to other pistons? Apologies as this is a CORE question rather than a Mood Cube question:

Send me on my way if you would prefer me to ask the CORE peer assisted support thread.

All achieved in a single basic piston. You’ll select the sensor in the Mood Cube as the device CoRE is assigning actions to, and then keep adding multiple conditions under “is true” for the orientation of the cube.

1 Like

What current sensors on the market can be used with this app? Is it only the smartthings multi sensor?

Any sensor that reports orientation. The ST Multi is the one commonly used, I don’t know of any other.

So is this working for anyone? When trying to set up the built in Mood Cude smartapp, I get a blank page instead of a configuration page. In the Android app, I select it from the Marketplace -> Lights and Switches -> Mood Cube. I can fill in the first page, then the next page just loads blank. Clicking save on it “Error - bad state. Unable to complete page configuration”

if you are using webcore, try this

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply. Appreciated.
Had a play around only to later realise that the reason for my failure following that code is that newer sensors don’t have the orientation sensor.

That makes no sense. If the new sensors didn’t have orientation, then smartthings would not make that available as an option.

@thisisdavidbell - are you sure you did not mistakenly say “yes” to “Do you want to use this sensor on a garage door?” in the device’s settings? I wonder if that would stop the sensor from providing a 3 axis reading and just report open/closed based on orientation.

Anyone have this working or an alternative in the new Smarthings app? Is smartthings dead?

One more question on this cube app. Lets say I currently have a ceiling fan on and a ceiling light on and I want to only turn off the fan. Is there anyways to ignore the state of the light and only turn off the fan? It seems it always wants to alter both states.

Thanks in advance if anyone still check this.