Autoslide Integration?

I just installed a pretty cool device that opens and closes your sliding glass door made by Autoslide.
They do offer their own app and wifi module but it’s a little pricey, I read somewhere that you can use a zwave relay to manually activate it.
I’m all good with the relay stuff and wiring.
What I cant find the info in is what pins or configuration I need to do for this?
There is a couple extra ports on sides for lock, and extra wired sensors

Anyway play with this one?

We’ve discussed them a bunch of times in the forums, you can find some previous threads, but I don’t know if anybody actually went with them.

However, they are set up to be able to use a button, so you just replace that button with a zwave switch device and you’re good. It maintains all of the existing safety features because you’re just replacing the button, essentially the same thing that you could do with a garage door.

As far as exactly what wiring to do, I believe autoslide provides that information, you just have to look at it as that you were adding an actuator switch. :sunglasses:

Here’s autoslide’s own short video on The accessory to make that connection. So I would just get in touch with them to follow up on that for wiring diagrams.

And here are some discussion threads, although again, I don’t think there’s anything from someone who’s actually used them with SmartThings:

Smart Sliding Door Opener/Closer (2019)

At one point, @lkjsaendlkje , Who did have the auto slide doors, was going to try to integrate them with smartthings but I don’t know if that was actually done. Although the thread was in the UK section of the forum, the installation was in the US.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/home-automation-for-wheelchair-users-uk/68538/20

Your best bet is to request SmartThings Integration and point them to the SmartThings Schema

I don’t know if that’s the best approach for this particular device because they assume there will be third-party accessories added to their system. That’s pretty typical for door openers. Essentially they are the equivalent of the garage door motor. They don’t make the control device, you buy that separately. And mimolite, for example, already works with smartthings. So it’s literally just missing a wiring diagram, and I think they are giving you that, it’s just that their documentation sucks. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you
Being that I dont have their wifi module…
That’s the route I have to go using a ZWave controlled relay to close contacts
…worst case I will have to use the remote control, solder some wires to the momentary switch, external power supply and I’m done.

Reporting back
JDRoberts I followed your direction and it was pretty easy to figure out.
On the side if the unit there is 4 ports with 3 pins.
Trigger, Ground, Power.
And their support was great too! I got a quick email response with good info as well
Seems most of the instructions are videos so not much when searched
But I’m all good now.

2 Likes

Great! :sunglasses: So did you decide on a Z wave module?

Yes
This works well for these applications

FortrezZ Z-WavePlus MiMO2+

1 Like

hey! i just installed the Autoslide and bought their wi-fi module only to find its app doesnt work with voice/google home/SmartThings. in the video you posted , she neglects to mention the accesory, it def not the wi-fi module i bought. can someone spell out for me what I’ll need to do and list the actual products (zwave switch? replaces what button? ) thank you!

Have you asked autoslide support? This should definitely be a frequently asked question for them.

Also, what country are you in? The device selection does vary a little bit and autoslide sells in a number of different countries.

Anyway, the main point is that the autoslide should have ports which allow you to add a push button or a wall switch or a keypad. (That may be where you wired the Wi-Fi module, it depends on the exact model of the autoslide.)

instead of one of those physical switches, you want to wire in a “momentary relay“, which is essentially a push button that you can activate with a network command.

So you are going to choose a device which has its own Alexa integration, and that’s how you get the voice control.

US, WORKS WITH SAMSUNG SMARTTHINGS ™

If you are in the US and you have a Samsung SmartThings account with a hub, then the Zooz relay is a good choice. It won’t work if you are in the UK, though.

Zooz is the house brand for the smartest house, and they have excellent customer support who can help you figure out the wiring.

The integration with Alexa Will be through smartthings.

WIFI OPTION IF YOU DON’T HAVE A SAMSUNG SMARTTHINGS HUB

If you don’t already have a Samsung smartthings hub set up, you can just use any Wi-Fi momentary relay which has its own Alexa integration. Integration with SmartThings could be done through an alexa routine if desired.

Back in 2018 when I last looked into this in detail the company was recommending the following inexpensive Wi-Fi relay, which will work with the “eWeLink” app for Alexa integration:

If I was doing it, I would probably put it inside an electrical “project box“ just to keep dust off of it. If you use an electrician to put this in, they will likely already be planning to do it that way. If you’re going to do this yourself, project boxes are available at any electrical supply store or on Amazon. You just have to measure to get the right size. And some will need to have holes drilled for the wires. These come in a lot of different shapes and sizes. Just always check the measurements carefully and look for the interior measurements as there are often extra pieces inside that make the interior space smaller than the exterior.

The following is just one example of what I’m talking about, I happen to like this particular brand, but there are many of them. I don’t know if this is the right size for the relay I just linked to, I just want to give you an example of what a project box is. You you want one specifically designed for electrical projects.

https://www.amazon.com/Hammond-1591GSBK-ABS-Project-Black/dp/B0002BENLY/

If you are using the zooz option, you don’t need a project box, it comes in a case.

BASIC IDEA

Anyway, that’s all there is to it. The autoslide is designed to allow you to add extra buttons or switches. So you are going to use a relay that can be controlled from a network and that already has its own Alexa integration.

Oh, and when we are talking about “a button“ in this context, we mean something like this:

Not an existing button on the auto slide itself.

Again, last time I looked into this, autoslide sold a cable that went into a port on the side of their device and that you then wired to this kind of button, or switch, or keypad, or a networked relay. That’s what the woman is talking about in the video. Then it’s up to you to choose what control device you want to put on the end of that cable. If you want it to integrate with SmartThings, then you use a device which integrates with SmartThings. :sunglasses:

So instead of a hand pushing a button, Alexa will send a command to activate the networked device. :sunglasses:

But again, contact their support. This should be a question that they get a lot, and I don’t know if they are recommending a different set of devices now.

thank you so much for this info. I am in the US and i do have the smart things hub. I bought the autoslide’s wi-fi module thinking it would enable me to use voice control, maybe through their app and then linked to smart things and then to my google home. I’ve been on the phone with autoslide tech support. but they have no ideas about integration. the video you point to must be way outdated and it say which product. but the zooz thing you mentioned seems promising…

Ask Autoslide how you would add a push button.

Then substitute the Zooz Zen16 relay for the push button.

Add the Zooz Zen16 relay to SmartThings and you should then be able to use the smartthings/Alexa or ST/Google integration for voice control.

In the US, I’m pretty sure this is the “accessory“ you will need to buy from autoslide in order to let the Zooz control the Autoslide.

@TheSmartestHouse

Did you keep it simple and just ask autoslide how to get Alexa to control the door? I have to assume they get asked that a couple of times a week at least. :thinking:

ive been on the phone with him all day yesterday. i bought the autoslide and had seen the videos about voice control and google home but it turned out that was for a different autoslide that i did not buy – the Autoslide Multidrive. Smart Phone App - Autoslide Automatic Sliding Doors. this smart app shows all the features i want. my partner who is handicapped cant use their little fob buttons so we are kinda screwed. they say they are working on new integration but definitely not yet.

Which model did you buy?

BTW, if you read this forum at all, you will see me say this all the time, but that’s because it’s really important, and especially if you are dealing with accessibility issues.

The first rule of home automation is “the model number matters.“

Some models will be adaptable, some will not. So always check the model number and check to make sure it has the specific features you need.

Just one really simple example: I have limited hand function and I can’t use a button remote either. So I wanted voice control of my television. I was given a fire TV device as a gift, and that allowed me to do a lot of things by voice. But one of the things it couldn’t do was to move the arrow around on the screen. So if I picked a show title where there was more than one show with the same title, Amazon would flip them both up on the screen but then I would have no way to select between them. “The Defenders“ is one example.

After talking with Amazon, I found out that there is one model, the Amazon fire TV cube, and it does allow you to say things like “scroll right“ or “go down.“

So I returned the one I had, got that model, and, bingo! Truly hands-free voice control of the TV.

Same company, same basic name (“fire TV“), same primary features, but only one had the exact hands-free features that I required. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @JDRoberts!

@Erika_Milvy if you point us to the exact product you have, we’ll be able to check whether you could automate it using our ZEN16 and provide wiring + programming instructions. Feel free to post it here or send us a message :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s The Autoslide iLock Home Mobility Kit and I also bought their wi-fi remote which works with their very lame app. ​I saw that [@JDRoberts]​ wrote about a zooz box​, we have Smart Things bridge and google home.where should i message you? i have loads of questions about voice control for my partner with MS

You can submit an inquiry here and include any questions you have as well as all the documentation for the Autoslide you currently have: Contact US - The Smartest House

1 Like