Automated Pool Equipment?

Has anyone used it to control their pool cover? I know there is some safety concerns with doing that. I am close to doing it but second guessing myself. I think it’s dangerous when kids are involved but maybe girl is only 1 so she won’t be able to trigger it anytime soon.

+1 also interested in device handler for iAqualink / SmartThings.

1 Like

I have a Pentair SunTouch (cheaper/less capable than the Pentair IntelliTouch controller) and have been able to get that and ST working together along with Amazon Echo. It does require the Autelis interface to get the SunTouch/IntelliTouch on the network.
See the details here: http://www.autelis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=561

I am installing a new Jandy automation controller for my existing pentair variable speed pump and rheem heater. When complete it should include blower, spa pump, pool, 12v lights, blower pipe led light, 3 actuators. I’ll have the iPhone and pda. Possibly no iPhone if your module would replace it and allow ST control instead. I am an amateur handyman and would also like to test your yotel and give feedback.

I built a Smart App and a couple of Device Handlers to integrate the iAquaLink iQ20 module with SmartThings. Worked out pretty nicely to enable control of my pool equipment and back yard with the Amazon Echo.

I have a demo video of the Echo integration here - https://youtu.be/r9jZoXpwD7I.
Another video demonstrating the SmartThings App here - https://youtu.be/LEhc4vXa2b0.

I’m doing some clean up now and I’ll try to get it up on github.

15 Likes

I’m looking forward to trying this out when you have the code uploaded. It looks great from your videos. I already have an echo dot within earshot of the pool/hot tub so this would be very nice.

This looks great. Is there a way I can get notified once it is on github?

Can you please get this up. I’m very excited to try it

Looks like you nailed this. Also excited to give it a try when you’re ready to publish. This is the biggest missing piece in my home automation puzzle. Thanks!

HECK YES!!! FINALLY, someone will to publish an app to allow iAqualink integration!!! This is the big missing puzzle from my home automation! How soon, til you publish?! I know there will be a lot of excited members to have the ability for this integration!

Is this up on github yet.

I am more than willing to pay you for the work you have done and help me integrate my ST with my Aqualink 20.

1 Like

I’m interested in ST integration too.

1 Like

Looks good. Can’t wait to try it on my system.

Thank you for your work on it.

@dbattagl that integration you’ve done is super cool, way to go.

Others have said it here but I’ll pile on, if you decide to offer your iQ20 ST Handler and Smart App to the community or for a fee, you can count me in.

Hello how did you get Smartthings to recognize this as a thing as it is not ZWAVE?

Count me in

This is great. Cannot wait to test it.

Would love to see this and like others would be more than happy to pay for it.

You can count me in too. I’d be happy to contribute $ for the cause.