Attempting to delete echo speaks app to start over

I’m having some odd behavior with echo speaks and my echo devices where nothing is working. I’d like to remove the echo speaks app / device driver and see if I can just rebuild from scratch, but I can’t delete anything. I get a message:
No signature of method: script_dth_42b3296b34200a72af15cb445229b2295dc1127a8c6c3584f39d1e9fa007c892.updateSetting() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl, java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [resetService, [type:bool, value:false]]

any help on this process? thanks

Have you tried doing it through the IDE

Yes, I did try from IDE. I also tried to delete the echo-speaks app on the smartthings app, but it says I have devices attached, thus, I can’t. Seems like I’m chasing my tail.

I was able to delete the two helper apps to Echo Speaks, but not the main. When I try to delete the application on the phone app, It tells me to remove from any smartApps or Dashboard. Does this mean I need to remove from WebCore?

I may abandon the clean re-install and update the device driver and Application to attempt to get the Echo devices to start “text-to-speach” process again. Once I redeployed the server, it just stopped working.

Make sure you don’t have anything in the automation section. If there is any echo speaks stuff there delete it first.

Then try under the market place.

Then look in the ide under device handlers.

Usually when you try to delete something that is being used it tells you what’s using it.

I’m sure there is also a force delete option in the ide.

All my Echo devices are listed as “Tiles Missing” on the My Home Dashboard. Ugh

did you manage to get this fixed?

Sadly no. I have all these Missing Tiles on the SmartThings app. I can’t delete the Alexa Echo devices. A little frustrating for sure.

To delete echo speaks (or any other SmartApp that creates devices:

1. for each created device (and any child devices), Remove device from all associated smartApps. (Alexa, webCoRE, smartlighting, etc.)
  2. Remove each device
  3. Remove SmartApp
  4. (Optional) remove device handler(s) in ide
  5. (Optional) remove SmartApp(s) in ide

If you do this out of order, (usually it requires a “force remove”) you can get into a bad state that is more difficult to fix. (But sometimes force remove is necessary anyway, just make sure you understand the consequences.)

Missing tiles usually means you removed the device handler(#4) before removing the device(#2).

I am looking at an echo device that is in use by nothing. I attempt to delete the device and receive the message:
No signature of method: script_dth_42b3296b34200a72af15cb445229b2295dc1127a8c6c3584f39d1e9fa007c892.updateSetting() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl, java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [resetService, [type:bool, value:false]]

I don’t see any force delete option.

@wartski did you manage to delete echo speaks? I’m having similar issues. It stopped working for me, after lots of messing I’ve decided to delete echo speaks but I can’t do it via the IDE or on the app because it’s saying it’s in use. I’ve removed any echo statements from webcore. Please can anyone help

@Stuart_Hughes, I had to contact Samsung Smartthings customer support and they had to delete the echo’s from the list. This took about 2 weeks to get done (I guess to move up the queue). It was slow, but it finally fixed the issue. At the time, we had no way to delete these items.