Arrival and Departure - New Smart App

I have recently migrated from Wink to SmartThings v3 using the NEW Smart App. I have managed to set up my phone to trigger an arrival or departure.
If I build an event that based on my arrival trigger and if between sunset and sunrise, certain lights will activate but if during sunrise to sunset the lights will not activate but simply send a message and make me ‘home’ instead of ‘away’ … does this require two separate events or is there an easier way to manage arrivals and departures?
Will I be able to extend these events to other family members so the a message to the group can say who is coming and going and when?
I do have Schlage Connect locks which on Wink would report the user codes but unable to get this information on SmartThings messaging even though it shows in IDE.
For me this is an interesting area of discussion and I hope no one minds my ignorance and the establishment of this topic. Thank you all

Two automations. For separate people, each person needs their own Samsung account and setup location services in the app.

Thank you Jimmy. I will keep working at this and learning as I go thanks to this type of support from the Community

David Mahony

david@mahony.ca

Are you able to comment on this part? :slight_smile:
If I build an event that based on my arrival trigger and if between sunset and sunrise, certain lights will activate but if during sunrise to sunset the lights will not activate but simply send a message and make me ‘home’ instead of ‘away’ … does this require two separate events or is there an easier way to manage arrivals and departures?

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.