Arlo Q integration with Smartthings

Hi i read couple of post that smartthings only integrates with the wireless Arlo camera https://www.smartthings.com/works-with-smartthings/cameras/netgear-arlo-wire-free-camera and does not with wired Arlo Q. Also noted that IFTTT is a hit or miss for Arlo Q.

Seeing that Wink hub 2 has enabled connectivity to Arlo Q http://blog.wink.com/wink-blog/2016/11/21/meet-winks-newest-compatible-security-cameras

Is there any way to have Arlo Q to set to arm mode when Away routine is called and disarm when Stay mode is enabled.

New to forum so apologies if this has already been answered.

Hi there!

We’re working closely with Netgear to launch our Arlo Q/Q+ integration. I’d expect to see it some time in January.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks Tyler that’s great :grinning:

Hi Tyler

I have just got home with 4 new Arlo Q cameras, looking forward to integrating with SmartThings, and I’m devasted to find out that they don’t integrate!

I’m optimistic having read your note, that Arlo Q should become available on SmartThings in January, but please can you confirm that this will be the case for the UK as well as USA?

Trying to decide whether I take these 4 cameras back as I don’t want to get stuck with devices that don’t integrate with SmartThings.

Many thanks

Paul

Yes, as far as I know the integration will go live in both the US and UK.

1 Like

Any updates on when this functionality will be released?

3 Likes

Trying to decide between the NestCam, the Logi Circle, and the Arlo Q. I’m leaning heavily toward the Arlo Q but the only thing stopping is the lack of SmartThings integration. Can’t wait for it to be added to the ST community of supported devices.

Jakoh - Unless the smart q is integrated with Smartthings I would pass. I just set mine up and it is a PIA to arm and disarm the camera. Would be much easier if it can arm and disarm with smartthings. The issue with it being armed all the time is the fact that you are constantly receiving alerts every time you walk by.

Until it does get directly integrated, I’ve created a simulated switch that arms/disarms via Stringify. Been working great.

1 Like

I’m using IFTTT do arm/disarm via virtual switch. Virtual switch is toggled through routines.

Chris can you explain further how you set this up in iftt. I used iftt to allow it to arm/disarm but only by my proximity to the address. Also I’m unsure of the virtual switch.

I have 1 virtual switch.
It’s set up with 2 IFTTT recipes:
a) Smartthings switched on trigger, Arlo arm action
b) Smartthings switched off trigger, Arlo disarm action

Check these out for more details:

2 Likes

Virtual switches and IFTTT has helped bridge arming/disarming several devices I have including iSmartAlarm, Canary cameras, Oco cameras and the Arlo Q. I have one virtual switch that arms multiple devices. I even have it tied to my Automatic Pro, so that it will disarm things when one of our vehicles gets near home.

1 Like

Tyler any updates please, are we likely to see this in January, or at all?

I’ve got until the end of Jan to return my Arlo Q.

Still on track for us to be done before the end of January. There may be some additional time before it gets released as we finish up our support resources, training and any marketing activities.

Hang in there!

4 Likes

Looking forward for this!

Hey Tyler,

Any update? I’m eagerly awaiting this :smiley:

@Tyler - Last day in January! How we looking?

Thanks,
TJ

I note there has been a recent UK update because Ring has appeared in the Marketplace under Cameras.

I’ve tried Arlo but my Arlo Q cameras are still not being found as of right now.

Please give an update!?

@Tyler any updates on when this is going to be released?