Arlo Pro 2

I wound up disabling notifications in the Arlo app and leaving the Arlo mode set to Disarmed. It’s pretty stupid to have to take such drastic steps but I am able to get my Pro 2 to reliably record to the Arlo Cloud this way.

Can have a tile with live streaming at action tiles with arlo pro 1 or 2

Hi Guys.

So is Arlo Pro 2 supported or now? Early in the post it says it is then later it looks like its not again. I am close in the next day or so to pulling the pin and buying Arlo 2 but not really if i can use it with ST

Has there been any update to this AP2 integration problem? We are moving into a new home, and I have an 8 camera integration planned, and really hoping for smooth ST integration.

Also considering doing the Arlo Pro 2 route but I want confirmation things are moving forward with that integration.

I’ve had no problem with Arlo Pro 2 and Smartthings. I’ve had the Pro 2 for a little over a month. The only thing I am wishing for now is to be able to use my Pro 2’s with Actiontiles. I’ll even take any wireless cameras that I can find to work with Actiontiles if anyone can provide any suggestions. That seems to be the impossible task.

Good to know.

And agreed - it seems like nothing videowise works with actiontiles from my search.

I have blink, dlink and nest - removing blink due to ST integration removal. None of them work without some insecure workarounds.

If you stumble upon something please let me know, and I will do the same

1 Like

No joy for me on 18th Jan. I am able to add the base station but not the Pro 2 Cameras. When I try and add the cams via the Arlo (connect) smart app I get “An unexpected error has occurred.” and then in my logs: “physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘Arlo Pro 2 Camera’ in namespace ‘Arlo’ not found.”

@SteveWhite
Is this a completely new installation of the Arlo system or do you have other Arlo cameras that were previously installed If that is the case, your app is possibly out of date. Try re-installing it.
Also log into your Arlo IDE on your computer and try to set them up from there.
Lastly Google your problem. There may be ohers that have solved this problem. As far as I know, the Pro 2s are officially supported and working for most people.

Brian

I am having the same problem as Ian. I hope Smartthings and Arlo solve this issue soon

Exactly the same problem too. Pretty fed up as just spent a little under £1000 on Arlo Pro 2 cameras and base station and only the base station works with Smartthings.

Completely new install

mine work with no issue.

Not sure if it is because I was starting from scratch.

Same issue here guys. I have two Arlo Pro 2s intrgrated successfully into ST. I integrated both earlier this month. Then I went to add a third tonight and I get the “an unexpected error has occurred” message. So something is suddenly broken. Disappointing as the other cameras are working well in ST.

Sounds like various tickets have been opened but nothing yet. Frustrating. These are the premium cameras for Netgear and it’s been out for several months and now it’s broken.

Just tried again for the heck of it and I was able to add the cams.

Hell yeah, Arlo pro 2 cameras are now able to connect. Great!!!

I’m not seeing anywhere thats its official that the Arlo Pro 2 cameras are now compatible with ST. Anyone have an update?

Mine is working fine

Just connected an Arlo Pro 2 with two cameras. I have one in my living room which turns on a light so I can see when I’m too tired to remember how to work an old fashioned wall switch. Unfortunately, there is a 5 second lag between the motion sensor in the camera and the light going on. (the lag is entirely due to the Arlo system as other sensors have way less lag)- This means I could easily wind up falling down a flight of stairs and wind up rather unamused, face down, in my foyer. Other than that minor hiccup, the Arlo system does seem to work with ST.