Are you ready for this?

Frankendevice…lol! You’d fit right in with every one of my non-techie friends :smile:

“My phone is better than yours…nananaaaaa!”

I hope apples quest to overprice and underacheive doesn’t become Smartthings motto. When even your charge cord is as proprietary as your operating system…causing costs to go up for no good reason.

I think Samsung is on the right track for the average consumer and not those that wish to ego stroke over the semantics of a telephone.

2 Likes

Where Apple sacrifices functionality sometimes, they make up for it in having an extremely well finished and complete package.

I have zero Apple products myself but I have a healthy respect for them.

Well when my software updates are released I can download them immediately… And honestly saying I’m “non-techie” is a tad ludicrous, there’s very little that a non-jailbroken iOS device can’t do, and for everything else there’s a jailbreak tweak for.

Enjoy your pengazi…

Like cameras that are permanently out of focus?? (Ref: a big batch of iPhone6). And “maps to nowhere” (Ref: original release of Apple Maps).

In other words, Apple makes plenty of mistakes too. Far from infallible. I don’t understand why they are so highly revered.

Well… I can tell you my one and only Android phone wasn’t notifying or showing me txt messages from time to time. My emails would just randomly stop notifying me, Phone calls wouldn’t ring my phone, and when the person left me a voicemail I wouldn’t get a notification for hours. Working in IT my phone is my connection to any pages and problems with our systems, so missing pages and calls, is really frowned upon. When I switched back to my iPhone, everything worked perfectly. Now the only time I miss something is if I have a service problem.

I’m willing to entertain that it was the HTC One X causing the problem not the android OS, but I am not willing to risk my Job because of another faulty phone.

I couldn’t help it, but reading your post made me think of a person who says he hates Ford but drives a Lincoln because they are just as good as a Mercedes! ST looks more and more like one of those “frankendevices”…Look at the V2 edges

No sir, I did not say YOU were non-techie. Thats not a tad ludicrous…that’s epic ludicrousness considering the nature of this forum and the collective intelligence of it’s members.

I said you reminded me of non-techie friends of mine. That was in no way meant to insinuate that you were as well. Reminding me of someone with something you say doesn’t mean you embody them as well.

As a whole (per my local experience) non-techie people buy apple and techie people buy open platform devices. That being said; generally, those non-techie people are the only people I ever hear make comments about something silly as a telephone.

Pengazi? :smile: ha! I get it!..yet another apple poster child stab? Funny guy.

I’ll settle for a cheap beer and my equally cheap S3 (pen free!) and stand by my useless over engineered point of view.

Sorry I ruffled your feathers as it wasn’t my intent.

What is loT ? Tried to google it but that returns a “lot” of stuff :slight_smile:

I guess we’ve drifted far off topic…

Just wanted to say that I agree: For many of us, our “gadgets” (including parts of SmartThings!) are rather critical, and avoiding problems by going with a vendor you have positive experience with is completely understandable.

Apple is not perfect. But companies could do much worse than using Apple as a quality example to aim for.

This is why HomeKit (see other Topics) is getting “irrational” praise despite very little real world data and some known design concerns.

Would I switch to Apple if I needed higher reliability for my phone? No… But I’d probably run less junk on my customized Moto X. Reliable hardware… I’m the one that’s messed up the OS to get some features I find very useful and would very much miss on an iPhone.

1 Like

Internet of things

Just a short way to say it

OH I knew that I just thought the first letter was an L as in loT not IoT wow they really look the same with this font.

Lots Of Things, sounds about right. :yum:

2 Likes

That was my first guess but google said no :smile:

I like SmartThings, and the hub looks like it will be nice, and hidden away never to see more than the inside of my entertainment center.

1 Like

Friday should be an interesting day. wonder what will be shown will have to watch.

What’s Samsung is facing in general in IoT space is more like…
Lack of Trust

I’m referring to recent SAMSUNG TV surveillance complains
http://www.cio.com/article/2889473/government/samsung-faces-complaint-in-us-ftc-over-smart-tv-surveillance.html
and some bad PR on IoT security front

Ouch I just heard about that. I won’t say what I said the last time I spoke about security, I got ruffled then too.

1 Like

As I think I saw you (or someone) state in the thread regarding a Samsung fridge?

“You’ve got bigger problems” if someone is able to get past your router.

It seems in all of this hacking automobiles and appliances the one thing that seems to be overlooked is WiFi security.

…of course the occupants inside the castle are vulnerable to attack if the moat and castle wall are compromised

1 Like

I’m not complaining, I’m just stating my observations. I agree with your statement on this

Right! :blush: I knew you weren’t.