Are there scenes?

Hey, I recommend custom code any time the standard methods don’t fit the use case (as I did in the post you responded to in this thread). I doubt if anyone in the community has posted a link to the community-created apps section of the forum more often than I have.

I agree the developer community is great. I would like to see them have better tools. :blush:

About a year ago ST updated the Button Controller app to include some additional features. Scene Controller was derived from an earlier version.

I just took the source code for the latest version of Button Controller, and enhanced it to create an app called Button Controller+. This enhanced version of Button Controller adds these additional functions: lights to toggle, lights on, lights off, dimmers to dimLevel1, dimmers to dimLevel2 (for rooms with mixed types of lamps), one-button ceiling fan control, and one-button shades control (using the Aeon Motor Controller). I also fixed the two bugs in Button Controller, allowing the user to name the instance of the app, and showing which button is being setup.

Button Controller+ differs from Scene Controller in these ways: it includes all of the additional features of the latest Button Controller app, and removes the feature of linking a momentary button (which isn’t used and complicates the app).

Button Controller+ can be found on Github, here:

2 Likes

Received two Aeon Labs Minimotes (v1) today and immediately installed Button Controller+ for both. Thanks, @bravenel, for your latest addition to the community. I’ve only tried two buttons so far, with a mix of both press, hold, toggle, and dim features. Control of two PEQ lamp modules and one SmartThings appliance module working fine. Time to add my Cree bulbs to other buttons and play around some more.

I heard about the PEQ sale at Best Buy from other forum members and enjoyed significant savings on recent purchases. I’m still a newbie, but already benefiting greatly from the contributions of so many helpful community members.

3 Likes

Thanks Bruce… I am going to try this out and leave feedback.