Aqara Roller Blind Motor (2019 new)

It sounds like the device didn’t auto-detect correctly. Go to the IDE > Devices. Click on the blind driver then Edit in bottom left. Change the Type to ZigBee Window Shade Battery . It should be right at the bottom of the list as it lists the DH you added at the end.

Hopefully it should work then.

@pau1phi11ips Thanks for your reply, I had a look and it is picking it up as “ZigBee Window Shade Battery” which is correct as per your DH. I removed the device and DH and added it all again but still same problem. Anything else I could look at or do.

Had a look at live logging tab and saw this for the device getting error

error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static java.lang.Math.round() is applicable for argument types: (null) values: [null]
Possible solutions: round(float), round(double), find(), rint(double), find(groovy.lang.Closure), random() @line 147 (levelEventHandler)

Paul, My shades are doing fine with your Device Handler. Nevertheless there are errors reported in de logging. Any idea?

It’s this line:
if (Math.round(currentLevel) != Math.round(priorLevel)) {

I switched line 147 and 148 to get the variable values in the logging.

59672097-7335-4fd7-b5ad-be6d1bc79973 07:52:51: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static java.lang.Math.round() is applicable for argument types: (null) values: [null]
Possible solutions: round(float), round(double), find(), rint(double), find(groovy.lang.Closure), random() @line 148 (levelEventHandler)

59672097-7335-4fd7-b5ad-be6d1bc79973 07:52:51: debug levelEventHandle - currentLevel: 100 priorLevel: null

@ashdease

Hi guys, I just modified the existing SmartThings code to add the device signatures for the shade driver and invert the level adjustment. I didn’t touch this code and it doesn’t show an error for me. This change to the code should fix the debug logs though.

if (Math.round(currentLevel) != (priorLevel != null ? Math.round(priorLevel) : 0)) {
  log.debug "levelEventHandle - currentLevel: ${currentLevel} priorLevel: ${priorLevel}"
}

thx. looks fine… and solving the ‘problem’

1 Like

Hi, everyone, I am new to this. I have installed a couple of these and the DH worked perfectly for one but not for the other. Is anyone using multiple instances of these? I noticed the Network ID was “ABCD” with the one that was working and the one seems random. Is this a coincidence? I searched the code and couldn’t find any reference to it in the IDE.

I have two of these devices but cant get either of them to work with my V2 hub. Have tried the device handler above and the two built in versions.

The device is recognised as Aqara window treatment and appears to be communicating with the hub based on the status info in the IDE.

When trying to send a command i just get the network error message. I have added subsequent zigbee devices since this and they work.

Anyone else having this issue?

See this answer above Aqara Roller Blind Motor (2019 new) - #23 by pau1phi11ips

It should definitely NOT be using the Aqara window treatment DH

Sorry i wasnt very clear in my post, it is using the custom zigbee window shade battery DH linked above.

I uncommented the log line in the DH parse function and i can see it does appear to be communicating every second or so:

‐------
description:- read attr - raw: 30E50101020808002000, dni: 30E5, endpoint: 01, cluster: 0102, size: 8, attrId: 0008, result: success, encoding: 20, value: 00

I did see on other forums that there was a suggestion latest firmware versions are not using the window covering cluster but the analogue output cluster. But the messages like the above suggest communication on the window covering cluster?!

That kinda sucks if they’ve changed the firmware and broke compatibility with existing code. That might be why @Joe_Tilley is having problems using multiple Blind Motors.

I’ve got no way to test this out as I’ve just got the one blind motor I purchased last year I’m afraid.

Hi, I just bought Aqara roller shade drivers and it was no problem to pair them with Smartthings. But when i tried to send command to the driver i got the samme issue with ‘network or server error, try again later’. How did you solve the problem?, any advices. Thanks

I still have that issue. I’ve 4 shadedrivers, by one the issue disappeared on miracle way. But the error isn’t a problem for me. the shade reacts on a command.from the app and/or from a routine.

Hi, just curious if the E1 driver still works ok with SmartThings after some time of use?

@SuneKuntz Yep, works perfect each day.

1 Like

Hi, I have the samme issue and i have tried everything, but nothing is working. Have you found any solution to the problem yet?. I am thinking about getting an Aqara hub instead.

Hi, I have also the same issue with the Aqara blind to add these to the Smartthings Hub. Is there someone how can help on this matter? What is the preferred step to add the device to smartthings hub?

I had several. Worked brilliantly and then one day just stopped and I get the Network Error message. Ive tried everything. SmartThings have said they wont support the product.
I suspect firmware has been pushed and its broken the compatibility because these blinds worked solid until early this year.

Anyone sort a fix for this or can @SmartThings start supporting Aqara products please

I apologize for the dumb question, but I am just wondering: is it really technically possible to push a firmware upgrade to an Aqara device, which is connected to SmartThings only? How? As far as i understood, you all use a generic DH (slightly modified), but nothing really Aqara specific. So how could those potential firmware upgrades reach the E1 driver?

1 Like

I dont know, but they have all gone from working without issue to doing nothing with no change. Same with all my aqara devices. I had buttons and door sensors. Ive Deleted them, re-paired them. Ive tried the Generic device types and the custom ones to see if it helps. Nothing. Something has changed and its killed Aqara devices.
Shame because they worked well.

I agree, it would be great if @smartthings start supporting Aqara devices. It’s strange that it have worked earlier, and now it’s not working anymore.

1 Like