Appliances Smart Control

Any other appliances that work with SmartThings? Does anyone have a positive experience? Just bought a 3rd property that needs appliances. Know if the stove was left on, fridge left open, etc…

For a lot less money, you can make what you want using various sensors. If stove is left on a power meter can tell you… and it can do so as you are leaving if you set it up correctly. Fridge could use a contact sensor and/or power meter, etc. Not as charming of course as built-in monitoring and remote control, but it at least gets you into ‘safe’ territory on such critical appliances.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

So your extensive research included:

1. Reading Samsung printed literature
  2. Reading Samsung’s website
  3. Watching Samsung website videos
  4. Watching video of Samsung presentations at CES

Anything I missed?

You forgot one other choice. Don’t purchase these extra expensive appliances right now with no proven track record for working well in the real world.

2 Likes

Which university?

I want to be sure the esteemed institution gets the exposure it deserves.

… against your school, I presume? For gross negligence?

6 Likes

1 Like

What “insults”?

I’m 100% genuinely interested in knowing where your master degree is from and if you are concerned about it’s quality.

I’m curious as to how you are drawing your conclusions. It seems that we could do with a lot more people who have diverse trains of research and thoughts.

Presumably not a masters in English?

Please let us know how your lawsuit works out. Maybe we can all have a group viewing party of that judge judy episode.

1 Like

Wow 0 typos and only a single grammatical error in that whole post. At least something positive has come out of this topic.

How many posts are left in this one til it gets closed for the OP’s increasingly psychotic rants?

2 Likes

I disagree with this pretty strongly. Despite the OPs crude demeanor and poor grammar, he has a legitimate complaint. Samsung and SmartThings list a whole slew of appliances as compatible devices. At no point do they mention “May, or may not, do anything we have led you believe they may, or may not, do.” This community seems to forget that this is not marketed or sold as a development product. This isn’t a RaspPi board. This is a product sold as a consumer ready device in common box stores to common every day Joe’s like the OP.

The guy is a bit unhinged, but he has a point. Words and marketing carry consequence if the product doesn’t work as advertised. Look at the class action suit EOtech just lost due to their marketing not matching the product. The idea that Samsung is free of consequence for this is false. There is no guarantee in the legal system, but if Samsung carries on its “let the users fix our failings” attitude with regard to SmartThings, eventually somebody is going to be successful in getting a case off the ground.

1 Like

I agree with you that Samsung doesn’t necessarily deserve a free pass, and maybe they’re even guilty of false advertising, I don’t know.

I do know that, personally, I care very little about what’s in marketing materials and much more about reports from either professionals or actual users of the product.

The OP made it clear he had no sources of information other than Samsung. If he went out and bought these very expensive appliances before other unbiased information was available, then that’s a risk he took as an early adopter.

And regardless of the potential merits of his case, he communicates in a borderline unintelligible manner and he insults nearly everyone who disagrees with him. So in my opinion that makes the validity of everything he says questionable.

2 Likes

Lol, if you Google ‘smartthings appliance’ this drunk dudes rant is the 3rd result! This is total comedy…

2 Likes