App suggestions for LED temp colour

Don’t worry about it Andy it’s fine just was curious.
I’m not sure it would work anyway as I think the device handler has bugs as it doesn’t work well with Setcolor and hex color.
Something to do with it expecting one but getting the other and the Dev no longer responds.
I’ve used SmartThings scenes and WebCore to try and get it to set a colour but it never sets it right and the IDE throws errors up.
This is the controller btw

Ok, no probs

I’ve seen quite a lot of these cheap Chinese devices and am always a bit dubious on how they work.
(Certainly would not use any 240v a/c devices)

I don’t use any, with the exception of the Xaomi temp & water sensors… they seem difficult to join but when they work, they work quite well

Not had a chance yet Andy its been busy here… will do asap

Andy, appreciate your continued patience with the app first of all.

I think i need to understand how you are doing the app so i can give better feed back

My Fib setup
a) Virtual switch used as timer which turns on off at set times
b)Virtual switch named ( Led switch ) switches on/off when above timer reaches set times (a) on/off (b) on/off or on/off of fib rgbw manualy
c)FIB RGBW app, switch on/off when ( LED Switch ) on/off (b) on/off © on/off
This gives me some flexability with different ways to on off the fib rgbw

Timer asside if i switch on the Fib RGBW with (b) the fib is not displaying any colours set by the child devices in your latest app, i have tried with optional on/off switch set to (b) and without (b) no optional on/off switch, so switching the fib on via its own app still fails to reproduce the child app colours now

Does your app need to run for a while and detect a temp change, colour change before it is able to remember last colour ?? and as i am unable to get the temp child apps to display set colours the optional bright switch which you have kindly adjusted cannot be tested at the mo as it appears to have no affect

To me the app needs to start with
Switch on fib
set fib to ( any colour and flash ) perhaps red to show it is functioning and the app is working
set first colour to child app dependant on set temps

the first colour set to red and perhaps flash could be important because the last used colour may have been set by a different smart app or user defined colour, when your temp app is switched on in practice it clears any previous set colours and shows you so by flashing red, does that make sense ?

At the moment i do not have any indication your app is functioning and sadly support so far have been unable to resolve my IDE log issues

OK… this will need a bit extra to test. (Long post :slight_smile: )

To be able to test (and to help you try out temperature colours)
Please create a new virtual device in the IDE

You need a ‘Simulated Temperature Sensor’
Once you have created this, you can use this to test without having to wait for a real temperature change.

Next… Please delete the app from your phone/tablet
Next Update the ‘Parent’ app from GitHub (I’ve made some changes and updated a few things)

OK… now install the parent app on you phone/tablet Like this…

Hopefully you can see the notes when I post this… If not I’ll explain at the bottom

After these settings click Next

After these settings click Save

Now open the Parent app again and create two new child apps

Set the temp sensor to the new simulated one you created.
Enter a name for the childapp
(I just used the temp I had set it at for ease)

Create another child app with a different temp setting but still using the simulated temp sensor (and a different colour)

OK…
After all that you will see I used ‘fib on-off’ for the main enable/disable switch and ‘fib dim-bright’ is obvious

How this should now work…

Note: You won’t get the true temperature colour until the temp has been reached

1. Turn on the 1st switch (in my case fib on-off)

2. Your fib should turn on ‘FULL’ (with all colours 100%) for 10 seconds

3. After 10 seconds the fib should go to 30% Red & 30% white (you can edit the code for a different colour setting)

4. Turning on the ‘dim/bright’ switch will send the fib to your configured bright setting (100% white I think you said)

5. Turning off dim/bright switch will change back to 30% red/white IF the temp has not changed in while the dim/bright was on

6. When the temp sensor changes, if the new temperature is the same as a configured one (in my case 10 or 12 degrees) then the fib will change to the configured temperature colour.
    You can try this by using Up/Down in the Simulated Sensor until you reach one of your configured temperatures

7. If dim/bright switch is switched on now it will go to your bright colour

8. when dim/bright is switched off it will go back to the previous temperature colour.

I’ve tested this with an OIS device and now (after a debug) it seems to work like this.

Don’t forget to update the code from GitHub and delete the old app from your phone/tablet before you reinstall

OK… Let me know how you get on

BTW if this is not what you had in mind please let me know and we can look at changing it

Andy

Thanks Andy, no probs following all your instructions however when trying to create a child app i am getting a red pop up
Sorry but there was an unexpected error ??
prior to that no issues, had to go through a few extra hoops to remove and delete original install but nothing more than standard fair for deleting sapps
The sim temp sensor is installed and add a thing was completed
the new github code was installed saved and published for me
followed parent setup no issues all saved fine
but as said i get this error when trying to create a child app
did not originaly set any start end times in the parent app, just tried sunset rise and still getting error message when trying to create child
just tried setting start end time and although they appear to save ok still error when creating child app so the issue does not appear to be something that needing setting as i have tried all settings now
removed bright switch, error remains
removed optional on/off switch, error remains
test temp sensor reports working in ide

Hmmm… that’s weird
I have not changed the child app at all
Did you remember to save the parent before creating the child?

Btw android or ois?

sorry meant to say posts ago… Android S7e

Definately saved Parent but will re double check

Just reread your post… of course you saved the parent first

Andy what am i seeing in the IDE smartapps section

i have Cobra Fibaro Temperature Colour changer with your snake logo
and i have
Cobra Temperature_controled_switch with the thermometer logo

Have i missed something or got something wrong ?
nah scratch that it must be an app from sometime back in the past

Did you delete everything from the ide?
If you did, did you remember to copy the child app again and save it (no need to publish)
Obviously you saved & published the parent

Looking at the smart apps connected to the fibaro controler our new ( Fibaro Test ) is associated and visible but fails to allow child app creation

nope i did not… 2 ticks my bad and good spot Sir

I’m REALLY GLAD you didn’t … easy fix :slight_smile:

Stupid user error on my behalf… child apps created successfuly off to test back in5

Tadaaaa, working lovely for initial testing Andy, congratualtions Sir and Thank you very much, will now go and change some settings for real life usage :smile:

Great! Glad to hear it

Andy, i have found a small glitch

Using test temp sensor app works fine, defining 1Deg increments from zero to -10 and zero to +10 all work fine, infact any number chosen for temp up or down works absolutely fine they were just examples

The issue i have found is that when the smart app is switched on, the fibaro is showing last colour used for approx 8 secs and then it switches to all colours on ( white mix really ) and stays there, unless the app detects a temperature change it stays fixed at ( white mix )
The instant the temp changes up or down the fib then displays the correct colours per set temperature

So if the fib went off at night and was displaying blue as last colour, the next time it is switched on it will briefly show blue but then revert to mix white and stay there until temoerature change detected, it is not looking for current temperature when switched on and then display according to set colour

Basicaly the apps work perfect apart from initial on show currect temp to colour as set in child
if temp change show colour is perfect

Morning Mike

Yep!, I know about that :slight_smile:
I was trying to setup a ‘cold start’ that would work if there was no temperature reading yet.

This causes the app to error (in your invisible logs) the 1st time it’s started if a temperature child has not sent a reading or if it doesn’t ‘remember’ the previous setting
We can try it without to see if that works better for you.

The only thing is that the app is unable to ‘poll’ the sensor to check what the current temp is.
This means that until one of the children report in it will use the last reported temperature

OK… I have disabled that bit if you want to update the code from GitHub and try again

Andy

as it stands with your latest adjustment it works perfect now Andy Thank You

I have just tested with various colours and temps and found no isues when the temp changes
I have manually changed the fib colour output whilst the app is active, switched fib off and on using virtual switch, last manual colour initially shows then the temp sensor is recognised and the matched colour displays

Not tried yet but i wonder how the Police light will interact with the temp change app, the way i have the Police light set up is that it is only active between certain times, from memeory 12am -6am
The temp change will be activated by a simulated switch which will be timed between sunset and sunrise so there will be a time 12am -6am when both will be active