App iOS version 1.6.89 issues

I’m sorry you are having this issue, and unfortunately I can’t offer any ideas on how to get resolution. I have been trying to get multiple concerns with the iOS app addressed for well over a year with little visible progress.

First problem… email support replies that I need to use that report website because I am in South America.

Second… why only iOS app lost option to select Enable/Disable in routines? @niquini also reported this error in latest iOS app.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don’t have information about that. Can you share with me the ticket number generated for your issue, please?

@nayelyz It’s 1394895 in the message topic. They even added at the end of the topic: # Different region brazil!

ok, I already left a note for them. I saw the page they share with you but it seems that’s only for issues with Samsung appliances.

@jkp, so, do you see the option correctly?

I think this might be the same issue as an earlier post from today:

1 Like

But it is an error from the ST app, because the only way to open and complete this web form is selecting “Report a problem” in the ST app. I can’t open this form directly, because the log file will be not generated.

@nayelyz any news about it? impossible to create automations in which I only need to turn a device on or off… only the toogle option appears

Sorry, I don’t have too much info about this as we’re different teams. I only know the Customer Support team is following up with @allmac and they have requested him for some information.

1 Like

after the last update for ios when now creating an autoaction with devices with more than one gang when I click on THEN the on / off options no longer appear.

now on devices with only one gang it continues to appear normally.

now it’s impossible to create any kind of automation where I just need to turn on a light for example

1 Like

@nayelyz Today I realized that the problem also happens with the scenarios. I can no longer get a scenario where for example I need to turn on the lights.

commands no longer appear.

Sorry, @niquini, but I cannot help you in this matter. You can create a report with Customer Support to get updates about it. I know they are following up with @allmac and they have escalated the issue but I’m not involved in that process.

@nayelyz

Any chance you can convince someone on the app side to visit the forum here, learn a little about our frustrations with the app, and chime in every now again? We appreciate the support you provide on the coding side, but having such a miserable app (and an equally miserable support service) really brings down the Smartthings experience. It would be great if we could get some participation here, maybe just reading about how we suffer with this app would be embarrassment enough to get some traction on some tangible changes? Thanks for considering.

5 Likes

I’m going to need to abandon smartthings because I can’t create automations on ios with just on/off anymore. Support does not resolve the issue.

ST support team is completely lost!
They are not understanding that the bug happens because they removed the option in iOS app.

Hey Alberto,
Apologies for the delayed response.
Can you please add the device back to the account so we can check the device setup? As you are using a number of custom drivers and DTHs this may be causing some of the weird behavior that you are experiencing. However, we would like to review the device set up to make sure nothing else is incorrect.
Awaiting your response.
Thanks!

Regards,
Harsh Shah
Samsung SmartThings
Hi Alberto,
Thanks for writing back to us.
We understand your concern and we will get back to you with an update.
Please be patient while we get back to you.
Regards,
Kalemula Aditya
Samsung SmartThings Support

@Mariano_Colmenarejo … it sounds that team support wants to find something wrong in your multi-switch driver, but I am sure that the fail is not there… it is iOS app.

1 Like

In the Android App it works fine although tomorrow it may also work badly because they have changed something without documenting it

2 Likes

Hi, everyone!
I already reported this issue. I have a device where I see the same so the team can use it for further investigation.
I also commented on your ticket @allmac that I created a ticket for the issue so we’re in sync.
Once we get more info, we’ll let you know.

1 Like

Sep 19, 2022, 4:32 PM MST

Hey Alberto,

Apologies for the delayed response.

We have been working on the issue that you are facing and we are not seeing the “Interrupter Lavenderia” device on the account. Can you please add the device back to the account so we can check the device setup? As you are using a number of custom drivers and DTHs this may be causing some of the weird behavior that you are experiencing. However, we would like to review the device set up to make sure nothing else is incorrect.

Interesting… I need to limit my devices?
If I have a hundred devices, and I need close to 10 different drivers… this may be the problem!?

And I have not a complex environment, because 90% of my devices are Zigbee, and all Wifi devices are Samsung devices (ST ready).

I believe they mentioned this because we cannot see the code of custom DTHs, and a developer can configure a device presentation that omits certain options in any view (automation, details, etc.) which could be causing this issue if that were the case.
I couldn’t find the device either so we don’t know its type (which DTH it uses).
This issue is happening to me using an Edge driver, so it can be due to something else. Having the details of your device, the engineering team can compare their configuration. This way we know if it’s a general issue or limited to certain integration type. This is part of a normal investigation, are you sure you have the device “Interrupter Lavenderia” installed? Perhaps you changed its name…

Just as a reference, using Edge, you can install a max number of 50 drivers, but a single driver can control several devices.

I understand, but the problem happens with every multi-switch device in iOS ST app, since this specific version. They don’t have any way to simulate this for iOS app or review app version changes?