API and Endpoints

Hmm, I’m not sure if this is or isn’t what I’m looking for. I’m real novice when it comes to the coding side of SmartThings. What I’m mainly concerned with is when I run through the process of Authorizing Endpoint Access here: http://labs.smartthings.com/exampleOauth.php that @csader just referenced above, it only seems to allow me to check boxes next to devices but not any smartapps.

In a separate forum string, I’m trying to figure out how to create a smartapp that has the little play button on its icon so I can activate it manually by pressing the app button, rather than having the app activate itself by way of some automated trigger specified within. The use case for this would be if I wanted to trigger a smartapp for a scenario not able to be planned for. For example, if I want to have all my lights dim when I want to watch a movie I would like to just manually activate the smartapp (or use AutoVoice/Tasker).

So, in this string, I’m trying to determine if I can have this smartapp be checkmarked at this Authorize Endpoint Access webpage so it can also be controlled through Tasker like my devices can. I’m wondering if your previous answer is indeed telling me that it can, but that it will take some coding to setup?