Anyone using ST with Qubino Flush Shutter DC interface?

Hi,

In addition to the new capability for a switch did you include the actual code to perform the On and Off?

Something like this:

//############## Added to enable Alexa ######################

def on(){

//log.info “Alexa On”

open()

//close{}

}

def off(){

//log.info “Alexa Off”

close()

//open()

}

indeed, I did not add such code. Thanks for the input, but I do have a follow up question though: I shouldn’t need this lines when I use the on/off buttons in the app, but they are not working for me either. Thus, my guess was that I do have another problem, what do you think?!

Hey David,

thanks again for the code! I added it to the device handler and now Echo supports the on/off, it tells me “smartthings is not responding”, which is a bit anoying (gotta look into that), but the blind actually closes and opens :slight_smile:

Glad you are making some progress!

I do wish that ST and Alexa, would embrace the whole topic of window treatments better than they currently do, as this is an important part of smarthome control.

If you’r having issues with the stock handlers you can try out the handler for the Qubino Shutter DC i’ve made, available here:

1 Like

Thanks Kristjan!

I’m new and fumbling my way through things. I managed to get the DH to work but its backwards, open and closed. How do I switch it?
And thanks to all the people that write this stuff for the rest of us!

Anyone? Do I need to remove it and add it back with the blinds open instead of closed like they were before?

I too have a similar problem. The DH in my case correctly labels the the ST App button with Open/Close and my blind moves accordingly. However the logic seems inverted as 100% is open and 0% is closed. This means that my modified DH that adds On and Off switch commands to make the DH capable of being controlled by the SnartLighting SnartApp is also using reversed logic with On being Open, Off being closed.

It’s just contra intuitive. Surely the active (ie On state) for a blind is when it is blocking light?

The obvious easy solution is to reverse the motor connections but then the ST button labels would be wrong.

When used with Alexa I struggle to remember if I need to say turn on or turn off. Of course it would be easier if Alexa permitted Open & Close commands but as Open is a problem for voice control of door locks, it does not work for blinds either. Perhaps Amazon will fix this one day?

In the meantime I’m considering rewriting the DH by simply transposing all Open/Close references but maybe there is an alternative idea?

Folks…I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to get the Qubino (ZMNHCD3) connect to the samsung smart hub. My original set up that works perfectly is a switch that gets the Neutral and Live from the power line, a white wire from a Dooya motor that goes into the “COM” port of the switch and a red and a brown wire that go into the Up and Down terminals of the switch.The Switch comes with a remote and the curtain works well opening and closing. I wanted to integrate the curtain control via Z wave/Smart hub and ordered the Qubino ZMNHCD3, I wired the live wire into the L terminal of the Qubino, the Neutral and the COM wires went into the Neutral terminal, the red and brown went into the Q1/Q2 and I had two wires from the I1 and I2 into the switch. I don’t see any lights on the switch (there is a blue light under the three controls on the switch) and obviously the thing does not work. First I did not even see the Qubino in my smart hub so I logged into my Smart hub page and added teh device selecting as a Z wave dimmer and also added the device handler from inpier. So not sure what I am doing wrong since I cannot control the curtains? Appreciate any help/input

Try using the Qubino interface without the manual control buttons attached to it.

Thanks David. I finally managed to get this work in. Big thanks to Inpier for writing the code for the Device Handler and to the folks here who gave details on how to make this thing work. I got a Qubino ZMNHCD3 and connected it to my Dooya motor. My smart things app found the device as a Qubino Shutter, I then logged into smart things account, copied the code for the DH, edited the device and selected the DH under type. Works perfectly with Alexa

Glad you have got it working!

I’m curious to know what commands you use with Alexa? I find that “Alexa, Close Blinds” works but “Alexa, Open Blinds” does not. I understand this is because Open for use with Locks is insecure and prohibited by Alexa

I have also found that the Qubino logic is reversed regarding what is On and what is Off. For me On implies the blinds are Closed and Off implies blinds are Open. But this is the opposite, so using commands like “Alexa Blinds On” to open them feels counter-intuitive.

Hi David

I am able to open and close the curtains with “Open Curtains” and “Close Curtains” commands on Alexa. I believe the DH that inpier created has the additional code for Alexa to enable this

i also had the same issue with this code but I was able to fix it.
the problem is at the beginning of the code where it list the capabilities. The first and last capability, actuator, is duplicated. Delete one of them, doesn’t matter which one and it will fix the error.
capability "Actuator"
capability "Configuration"
capability "Refresh"
capability "Power Meter"
capability "Energy Meter"
capability "Switch Level"
capability "Switch"
capability "Polling"
capability "Sensor"
capability “Actuator”

Thank you Kristjan for posting this code it was very helpful to me in getting mine working. And if anyone is having the issue of Alexa saying “smart things isnt responding” when using this code, I have found out how to fix it.
At the beginning of the code where it lists the capabilities, the capability “Temperature Measurement” isn’t understood by smart things. I dont even have a temperature sensor connected to mine so the simplest way to fix it is to just delete this line.

Glad to be of help. The Temperature Measurement is meant to be used with a connected temperature sensor on the TS connector. If you don’t use one feel free to remove that line.

It was present due to Qubino devices generally supporting a large range of configurations that alter the way the device is presented on Z-Wave controllers and what it supports. From additional inputs to temperature sensors or alternative control modes.

It’s a shame that SmartThings doesn’t perform the full Z-Wave defined discovery processes for included modules but insteads uses static device handler templates.
On my handlers i’ve managed to make support of multichannel device reporting work depending on whether a device actually implements endpoints or not so it’s dynamic at least in that regard, which allow devices to report data to the controller without polling in either a single or multichannel configuration. If anyone is looking for examples for this, you can check the configure() function of my handlers.

I thought that a distillation of a solution to Rolladen rolling shutters and ST might be a helpful summary of many posts in this and other threads. I have four Rolladens and a retractable awning that have remote controls and two Rolladens that just have wall switches. For the shutters and awning with remotes, I’m using the ZRSTI to do the z-wave/somfy conversion. For the wall switches I’m using the Qubino Flush Shutter and the @Kjamsek DH as modified by @inpier. It’s a little confusing at first because the latter didn’t change the header and it looks like the same DH, but he commented the change in the code itself.

Yes, with Alexa, ON is up (think of the light (the sun) being on and off is down. I have automations with the shutters going up and down morning and night and as the sun comes around different ones come down to help keep the house cool. I also have them doing things while we’re away to simulate presence. The Smartest House folks were extremely helpful in answering questions and checking the suitability of the Qubino Flush Shutter device for the Rolladens. Hope this helps others shortcut to a good workable solution.

Hi,dear
Which DH you used for, could you please share the link , your help is appreciated
Thanks

I can not get this damn thing working and it’s infuriating. Can someone walk me through this exactly from factory restore? Currently I’ve reset it, reinstalled it, changed the device handler to any in this group. Starting with the curtains down, try calibrating with the switch and it stops halfway up, try manually setting motor time very high, and it stops halfway up. It’s like no matter what I do, what device handler or how many resets I try, it thinks it should only go halfway up. I just want the damn thing to spin for 30 seconds up and 30 seconds down, no limit switch.

Please help me before I flush this thing down the toilet.