Anyone using a temperature sensor other than multi ones?

don’t know what to tell you I will need screen shots of the settings you are trying to save… also copy of the ide logs when you try to save it as there must be an error… I just checked and -5 saves fine… so not sure what you are getting. in addition there will be nothing shown till you get the first update in a few minutes or depending on what your settinngs are.

aftetr creating the device type did you save and publish it as well?

I was struggling a little as well. I just got the ST and was unfamiliar with custom device types, etc. Once I realized that I needed to enter settings and could not leave them at their empty defaults, i got results and it’s working great. Thanks for the help on this. In case it might help someone else, these are the values I’m using:

HumidChangeAmount 0
HumidOffset 0
ReportTime 3
TempChangeAmount 0
TempOffset 0
tzOffset -5

Well I had the Ben/Chad version working but when I saw this page again, I decided to try Larry’s version one more time. All I did was go in and change my device type since I had left both device types installed. I didn’t even have to enter the defaults since I had already done that previously.

This time it came right up, displayed no problem and everything is correct. Over the past day I did a hub reset at some point fighting with some rules that were missing triggers based on time. I don’t know if it was the hub reset or something else, but now either one works.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks soo much !!! This is just great. I love this community and its sharing mentality… makes ST soo much cooler and interesting.
You guys are wonderfull. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Has anyone been able to get this to work in SmartApps lately? This is the error I am receiving from the IDE.

No signature of method: script1472339525677395262750.metadata() is
applicable for argument types:
(script1472339525677395262750$_run_closure1) values:
[script1472339525677395262750$_run_closure1@6d7bc5f8]
Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(),
setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Hi @charlesbuettner, if you’re referring to the code above for the Everspring, that code is for the device handler. Looks like you’re trying to use it for a SmartApp.

John,
Thanks so much, that is what I needed. So going forward I need to make sure I work in the device handler section instead of the smartapp section.

1 Like

I have the ST814 working fine with SmartThings, but I am trying to get it working with GroveStreams and it doesn’t look like the driver exposes any “streams”… I’m a newb so maybe that’s not the right language, but where most Smartthings Zwave devices have at least 1 stream visible in the GroveStreams component list, the ST814 shows nothing.

Any idea how to get to show up in Grovestreams? I’m trying to put a dashboard together to see how often my dehumidifier is firing up.

Chad,

My humble thanks for the effort!! Works perfectly. Was wondering if there was anyway to pickup the threshold alerts? I did see a standard Smartapp that addressed low temperature push notifications but I’m even more interested in the high temperature conditions. Even without this, being able to monitor the temperature and humidity thru the hub is tremendous.

Thanks again.

Kerry

Using multi-purpose to monitor temp in my crawl. Does inactive mean I have lost connection or does it refer to fact that motion detector is “inactive” TXS

Just purchased a ST814-2 and after a little reading and setup as has been outlined it has worked perfectly. My plan was to put two of these in my two refrigerators and be alerted if the there was a problem when we are gone. I did have a few problems getting all displays working, but I was probably to quick in expecting all the statuses to report. I thought it was broken, but in the end I just waited a couple hours and all the displays started working. So the couple of hours I spend deleting the device and re-adding and taking batteries out and in, didn’t change the final solution which was just to wait 2 hours. Now for the fun stuff. I found a smartapp “Simple Device Viewer” Author: Kevin LaFramboise (krlaframboise) and I was able to setup push notifications when the temperature got out of range. This app does a whole lot more, but it works with ST814-2 and I’m very pleased. Project complete.

Update: It was pointed out to me if I used the SHM (Smart Home Monitoring) and the option Custom and select Temperature Sensor, I could monitor high and low temperatures and get all the notifications I want. Now I have two good choices.