Any word on the smartthings "extend" for Samsung TV?

its supposed to be “l” i dont know why its a “1”

edit: actually I do, when I checked in editor a lower case “L” and the number “1” look exactly the same but I changed it and still getting same error

Can you post all the code? Perhaps there is something above the line being identified that is causing the issue.

I got it now, didnt change anything but took it this time.

I was getting pissed…ran fine in netbean, eclipse, and intellij, after that error it went onto startup failed: script1481121708100481698226.groovy: 197: expecting ‘}’, found ‘’ @ line 197, column 1. 1 error if I add another “}” still same error , if I add 2 more then I get the method definition error (obviously)

Ive written hundreds of scripts and never had so many issues, especially on 2 lines of code

It appears as though dth will only work on series 5 tv’s and older due to updated communication protocols. I’m trying to find a workaround but not looking good

1 Like

There has been a 5 series Samsung TV every year, infact everthing lower doesnt even have a Smart Hub, so i dont understand what you are trying to say?

Kxxxx is 2016
Jxxxx is 2015
Hxxxx is 2014
As far as I know, older TVs (F and E) already have a working DTH.

Whats your TV model?

Im out of it today haha, sick 5 yr old kept me up all night. Thanks for the catch, supposed to be 2015 and older ( some late2015 may not work either) ethernet and wifi off when power off so no way to power on via ip which is what I initially wrote into script then had to take it back out

My tvs:UN65KU6500FXZA, UN78KS9800FXZA, UN78KS9500FXZA, UN55KS8000FXZA, UN65KS8500FXZA

1 Like

I have a F9000 +SEK-3500U (it is using JS9000/9500 firmware) and a HU8500 (same as HU9000 in US). If it helps, I can test your DTH.

1 Like

F is definitely 2013, I have a UN50F6400 that used to work with that old DTH but I stopped using it because it would reboot my ST hub without fail.

If you replied to my post, you are correct. F series is 2013. But I have a 2015 Evolution Kit (SEK-3500U) connected and it basically turns it to a JS9000 (2015 TV). SEK-3500U and JS9000 One Connect Box are the same hardware and are using the same firmware. Everything that works with JS9000 also works with the Evolution Kit. Unfortunately that also means that all that only worked on F series, doesn’t work anymore, so I can’t use the older DTH.

Has anyone received and Extend? I signed up for beta but nothing yet.

Any update on Extend? Signed up for more info but have not received any information on how to get one or availability yet.

1 Like

I suppose I’ll be the first to ask from the “Christmas TV” wave. Are there any updates for this? Just got my father in law a 70" UN70KU6300F and Amazon Echo, wishing he could control it right now.

The Extend dongle is still vaporware. CES starts on January 5. The Extend was announced a year ago at CES, so I imagine that if we don’t hear anything about it at CES this year, we never will.

1 Like

Of course we won’t. Using TV to control smart home is so 2014. Voice assistants are a new fad. :wink:

1 Like

That more then I got with my 2016 tv.

Samsung Keynote for 2017 is over. No mention of the Extend. Guess it is time for a class action suit. Was one of the major reasons I bought a 2016 4K.

3 Likes

Same here, I bought the set for the smartthings functionality. They owe every TV set owner with a series 7 or 8 a free hub!

2 Likes

Me too. what a joke samsung no sign of smartthings extend for my 2016 ks smart tv.

1 Like

Samsung are not doing to well!! Phones that catch fire, washing machines that catch fire and no smartthings extend for 2016 smart tv. The reason I purchased the 2016 KS7500 smart tv was to control and monitor my smart devices from Samsung smart tv.
Feeling like I have been misled and conned!!.
What action can be taken against Samsung?
LG Smart TVs are looking like a good proposition.

1 Like

apparently youve never seen webOS in action

1 Like