Any word on the smartthings "extend" for Samsung TV?

Is there a new device handler coming out? I have this lovely ks8000 that I can’t do a thing with in smartthings which seems rather sad.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed that, there were some odd and unnecessary lines in code, when I removed/corrected it went away.

So how about an update to where you are going with this, it only makes sense to have smart hub tv’s and smartthings hub working together, plus I’m really close with my Tizen app for ST…

Hi @Crussell, would you be willing to share your modified samsung tv app code?

1 Like

I will work on it… as long I don’t get anymore slaps on the wrist

5 Likes

So are 2015 TVs completely off the table now? :frowning:

I’d certainly be interested in this. I just ordered a 2016 6 series and would find it useful. Are there some instructions somewhere to get this running on the hub?

New firmware really doesn’t like the old code, I’m still working on it.

I have 2 brand new SUHD tv’s I want to use it on, a UN65KS9800FXZA and a UN78KS9800FXZA , plus 2 other UHD that are only a couple months old. Extend should work on the 2 9 series but can’t get a straight answer on that.

Yep…Just got the 65" 9000 suhd and installed the Samsung Connect smartapp you linked above. Sees my TV and Samsung multiroom speakers but errors out while adding any devices.
:cry:

I have it so no longer errors but not all functions working yet

Any luck getting this working yet?

I got a little distracted with my side project… A Bluetooth to zigbee converter and repeater.

I have it so it doesn’t crash hub and turns tv on/off

Great…how about volume control?
And would you mind sharing your code?

I only want to control a led strip based on if TV is on or off. Can your device handler do this? I have a J series (2015) TV.
I have tried all device handlers I could find and none of them work with my TVs.

Oh my … I’m torn. I don’t know whether I would want you to finish the TV app or BT to ZigBee converter first. Both are GREAT ideas!

I will be glad to help you any way I can. My wife will tell you I’m good at tearing things up … errrr … beta testing. :slight_smile:

@stephack Haven’t been able to get volume working smoothly yet, yes I will share code as soon as I get it working a little more smoothly… I don’t want to be responsible for a mass hub crash event :grimacing:

@poisike When done you should be able to tell if tv is on. Do you have harmony hub, if so that’s another way to tell.

@KayNMIke Mine will say same thing about tearing things up and then continue to complain about all the leftover ( spare ) parts. Ill keep the beta testing in mind (more things to umm break :innocent: )

@Crussell No, I don’t have Harmony hub. Waiting to see if Neeo is going to be better…

An update on my progress…

the dth seems to be working ok so far but im having 1 issue with the app, literally one:

I keep getting the following error no matter what i do

startup failed: script1481091238569407905925.groovy: 119: unexpected token: def @ line 119, column 1. def 123() { ^ 1 error

and the script , first line is 119

def 123() {
log.debug "123 pressed"
parent.tvAction(“123”,device.deviceNetworkId)
sendEvent(name:“Command”, value: “123”, displayed: true)
}

def extra() {
log.debug "EXTRA pressed"
parent.tvAction(“EXTRA”,device.deviceNetworkId)
sendEvent(name:“Command sent”, value: “Extra”, displayed: true)
}

def guide() {
log.debug "GUIDE pressed"
parent.tvAction(“GUIDE”,device.deviceNetworkId)
sendEvent(name:“Command”, value: “Guide”, displayed: true)

Any idea if the UK will be available to test the extend or will it only be the US?

Perhaps you can’t use numbers to define 123().

I’m not a groovy developer, but basically every language I do know does not allow identifiers like function names to begin with a number. So if you called it, e.g.,

def pushed123() { … }

that’ll most likely take care of it.