Any way to get alerted for low Petrol level for my petrol tank?

And to add, physics…

Research into chemical bonding has shown that the larger organic molecules in diesel fuel carry a slight electrical charge. And when a charged particle passes through the flux lines of a magnetic field, the magnetism exerts a force on that particle.
This force, named the Lorentz force after the 19th century Dutch physicist who discovered it, is a basic tenet of electromagnetism. This Lorentz force created in the fuel conditioner breaks the weak molecular bond of the larger asphaltene and heavier oil molecules and separates them into molecules with a smaller number of carbon atoms so they can burn more easily.

The end result? Diesel that burns hotter, more easily, and is more flammable. Good for some engines. Not necessarily good for a home heating system.

Just sayin’…

You have a lot of clever ideas that might work well for a nonpotable water tank. But a fuel tank, or any flammable, requires a different level of engineering.

2 Likes

I can only imagine the hell that is gone through to have something approved for combustible applications.

1 Like

The Kingspan Watchman SENSiT looks like a safe device for this purpose.

“The Watchman Sonic Advanced is suitable for use in tanks for the storage of diesel, water, fuel, kerosene, and gas oil types A2, C1, C2 and D as defined by BS 2869.”

As it works with Alexa, can’t tell how it is to integrate into SmartThings.

I’m looking for somebody else in Germany a similar solution.

https://www.heizoel24.de/mex

This with Wi-Fi or GSM.

This seems more reasonably priced

Hazard safe, but not for SmartThings integration.

There is a vendor of the ultrasonic level sensor in Ireland,

Several versions of communication (wifi, lora, 3G, LTE)

A startup in Belgium & France :

Many solutions

https://www.amazon.fr/Jauge-ultrason-application-mobile-gestion/dp/B076P7QZM2

I can see you did your research:)

1 Like

Next step is a solution for SmartThings.

As an aircraft technician (avionics), I’m familiar with fuel vapor, explosion level, safety bondings, magnetic dipsticks with floating magnets, densito meters, static discharge… :innocent:

BE CAREFULL WITH ANY KIND OF FUEL!

2 Likes

Nice… you seem to know your stuff…

Are there any probes that fit your tank and your walllet?

Haven’t seem any to be honest. They are pretty high and i will pay a premium for getting them to Cyprus