Any way to forcibly clear a corrupt device's state?

Hi guys. Strange question but I have a strange issue. Through a series of mishaps, I have two orphaned devices that were created by a smart app that I now cannot delete because I’m getting a “State cannot be greater than 100000.0 characters” error message in the IDE when I try to delete them.

800-SAMSUNG has refused to help me, or even escalate a trouble ticket on my behalf, because they were created by a non-supported smartapp so I’m kinda stuck. Any ideas for a smartapp hack or other method of forcibly clearing the device state to eliminate this error, so I can then delete the devices through the IDE?

I have no idea if this is even possible, but I figured someone here might have seen an error like this before and have an idea. I’ve never experienced anything like this in the 3 years I’ve been a ST user and am completely frustrated at Samsung’s willingness to try to help me.

If you add state.clear() to the updated method in the handler and then open the device and save the settings screen then that should clear the state.

Have you tried deleting the device from the mobile app?

You sir (@krlaframboise) are a gentleman and a scholar!

Your little trick worked. I was sure there must be a simple solution, I just didn’t know enough of the api to know what the command would be.

Thank you!