Any news on Nest integration?

i am dwindling down to nest thermostats and protects only. my nest hello died 3 months ago so i opted to go to another product and i am currently phasing out my nest cams.

plus everything works in homekit via starling home hub so i am happy.

1 Like

Yeah sadly not there at all.

I think you are right about them not being in the IDE. Is this intentional do you think? I’ll have to put back some virtual switches.

all connected last night. A couple of glaring feature gaps,

• No option to turn cameras on/off. This would be an obvious one to want to automate via routines.
  • No way to boost hot water on the thermostat. An obvious one to be able to create an automation to turn this on with a push button
  • No motion detection from nest thermostat.
  • As others have mentioned, motion detection on outdoor cameras is worthless. It would be good to pass through person detection for those of us paying for that functionality in nest

Unfortunately, with the exception of the person detection, not one of the other features you have mentioned is even supported by the API which is frustrating.

1 Like

I’ve successfully added my cameras to Smartthings… but my thermostat doesn’t come over, I’ve ensured that I’ve selected the thermostat for sharing when setting it up… any ideas?

I solved my own issue! I posted my solution on this thread:

I got my Thermostat migrated ok, but it doesn’t show in the device list in the IDE, and also doesn’t show in any of the device lists for ActionTiles… :frowning: SO now my Thermostat tile is just sitting there blank… with what seems like no path forward… :dizzy_face:

It’s available now, thermostat, doorbell and camera. Nest protect is not supported.

From smartthings add nest and choose the device then will redirect to link your google/nest account.

Thanks,
Tarek