Any news on Nest integration?

Actually I was looking at adding devices through Samsungs account dashboard (web version) and I seen that Nest Protect is included as a device that can be added. Im not sure if these devices are old listings or not but if they aren’t then Nest Protect may just be joining SmartThings also.

Unfortunately Samsung have already confrmed it is not. They are using the new API which supports only the thermostats and cameras, Including the Hello doorbell and Nest Hub Max.

The API pages previously made mention of future support for the Protects, but they have since removed all mention of this.

1 Like

Well I am happy that they are supporting the Hello and Hub Max as I have both but I am disappointed at the fact that there is absolutely zero support for integrating the Protect. Has Google even built this functionality out to WWGA? I know that the old nest API supported Protect but I haven’t seen any such support (I haven’t really been looking though) for their new WWGA program.

The only use for them in Google Home is as presence sensors for Home & Away routines with no other functionality supported.

As I say, they previously indicated on developer portal that support for the Protects was coming but now all references to that have been removed and the developers won’t give me a straight answer to the question which makes me wonder.

It’s a shame but hopefully it does get rectified at some point in the future.

1 Like

I hope it does. Thanks for the clarification Phil. You saved me a lot of time and energy.

Any updates on this?

1 Like

I’m wondering the same thing. @Phil_S do you know when they are gonna release this?

Unfortunately not, I wish I did!

They have started getting active on Twitter again talking about it so that reassures me that it will still arrive this month!

This just went live and all of my Nest cameras and thermostat are in Smartthings.

Played around with it a bit and have a follow up question.

Motion detection on the Nest Hello is worthless at night as it is set off by bugs once every half hour. I turn off motion notification on the camera but DO get People notifications that are valuable. I would love to only alert through Smartthings if the camera detects a person. Goal would be to turn on the outdoor flood light. But…only option in the ST automation is motion and NOT person detection. Guessing this would have to be an added feature for the Google ST Integrations team.

1 Like

The lack of person detection is frustrating and I don’t know why it is not available, it’s in the API, and is even referenced when you approve the connection.

For my thermostat, both the State and Mode dont work - they dont accurately reflect what the thermostat is doing.

Hi! I am living in Romania and operating a V3 UK Smartthings Hub and a Nest Learning Thermostat Still not seeing the Nest as an available device in the list. Any idea whether there is a country/area based limitation or delay? Anyone else from my area? Thanks!

State always shows as Idle for me - anyone know what this is supposed to display? (is it the presence detector state?)
Mode allows you to change the Thermostat mode, but doesn’t reflect any changes made on the actual thermostat.
Not sure

Here’s what the migration process and new integration look like: Google Nest SmartThings Integration :: Hello_world — Jamie D`

Agreed. My test automations last night had the lights turning on and off all night due to bugs. We can control how long the motion should be present for, but using a “smart” notification of a person or even a vehicle (if you can detect a person…should be able to detect a vehicle) would be awesome.

2 Likes

Agree with @yvesracine here, for thermostats, sensors, and the protects, the Nest integration is limited. Solid plug for his private DTH/SmartApp.

Where the official Nest integration gets a positive is the Camera integration. I am just starting to delve into the possibilities.

Any ideas on how to limit the Nest integration to just cameras? It automatically pulled in my Thermostats.

1 Like

All working ok here for heat / off and temp setting, not tried other modes yet.

Anyone got the new NEST Devices to register in WebCore, what kind of sensor does this show as? I can’t for the life of me find them in the WebCore Device Sharing options…

if all else fails, look in refreshable devices :slight_smile:

Not there.

In fact, my Nest devices are not showing up in any SmartApp at the moment.

I assume this has something to do with the fact they’re not in the IDE either.

i’m waiting to migrate :slight_smile: