Any Concord 4 alarm panel users out there?

Yes - pretty much so I can trigger it in other routines. There is an alarm capability… http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/capabilities-reference.html#alarm

I am just not sure how to access it via the concord4 and interlogix

I also have a speaker wired into the concord 4 - would be amazing if i could tap into that and have it speak out specified text like it does when chime is on.

I just got everything up and running and also am not able to arm the alarm. Have you made any progress?

Thanks for updating and providing the IDE directions. I was able to get everything up and running this morning but I’m not able to arm the alarm do you have any suggestions on troubleshooting?

Yes it is working now. It arms silently and disarms with tone and announcement. I did not make any changes nor did I monitor the logs it just started working the next day. I have it running @reboot via cron and left it running and started next day. Maybe it had to flush? No idea.

Ok I’ll leave mine up tonight and see if it fixes itself.

I checked the IP, port and password and I’m not seeing anything in the server logs and standard out when attempting to arm the alarm.

I didn’t see anything come through initially either (lots going out) and then it worked. Now I am back to not being able to arm/disarm even though everything is getting updated almost immediately. I will check again in the AM but in my devices all the Concord 4 do show INACTIVE so I don’t know what that means. The live logging and status all show locking and the app shows arming.

lehighkid,
I went back and looked at the automation progamming guide to refresh my memory. I don’t think its possible to trigger the siren. (You can however get notification from the alarm panel when the siren is on).

These are the only commands that can be sent from automation to panel:

COMMAND: Full Equipment List Request (02h)
COMMAND: Single Equipment List Request (02h/[Equipment List Parameter])
COMMAND: Send Equipment List - Zone Data (03h)
COMMAND: Send Equipment List - Partition Data (04h)
COMMAND: Send Equipment List - SuperBus Device Data (05h)
COMMAND: Send Equipment List - Output Data (07h)
COMMAND: Send Equipment List - User Data (09h)
COMMAND: Send Equipment List - Schedule Data (0Ah)
COMMAND: Send Equipment List – Scheduled Event Data (0Bh)
COMMAND: Send Equipment List – Light to Sensor Attachment (0Ch)
COMMAND: Equipment List Complete (08h)
COMMAND: Dynamic Data Refresh Request (20h)
COMMAND: Keypress (40h)

Keypress is the command used to arm/disarm, so if there was an option to start siren, it would be in that command. These are the only options there (nothing pertaining to siren that I see):

00h 0
01h 1
02h 2
03h 3
04h 4
05h 5
06h 6
07h 7
08h 8
09h 9
0Ah *
0Bh #
0Ch Police Panic
0Dh Aux. Panic
0Eh Fire Panic
10h Lights On
11h Lights Off
12h Lights Toggle
13h Keyswitch on
14h Keyswitch off
15h Keyswitch toggle (not implemented)
Automation Module Protocol.doc 42 last saved: 09/18/12
16h 17h 18h 19h 1Ah 1Bh
1Ch 1Dh 1Eh 1Fh 20h 21h 22h 23h 24h 25h 26h 27h 28h 29h 2Ah 2Ch 30h 2Dh 33h 2Eh 36h
Bit 6

Fire TP – Acknowledge Fire TP – Silence
Fire TP – Fire Test
Fire TP – Smoke Reset Keyfob disarm
Keyfob arm
Keyfob lights
Keyfob star
Keyfob arm/disarm
Keyfob lights/star
Keyfob long lights
Keyfob direct arm to level 3 Keyfob direct arm to level 2 Keyfob arm/star
Keyfob disarm/lights TPAkey
TPBkey
TPCkey
TPDkey TPEkey TPFkey

1 Like

Thank you - I appreciate you looking into it.

So believe it or not, arming the system just randomly started working for me last night. I had not changed a single thing on my pi or the IDE site. I can’t thank you enough for helping me through the issue.

One other question I do have is every time I set the alarm, either when I am home or away it Arms to “stay”. I’m assuming this is the default, is there a way to change it to arm to “away” either manually or based on the “family locations” in SmartThings?

Good news @sdozier! I got tired of waiting for the return to sort itself out and I bought another AM. I plugged it in and it “just works”! Now I just have to figure out how to get it to stop beeping due to the phone line being disconnected, but I can get that sorted. Thanks so much for all your help and enjoy your beer :smile:

That’s good to hear and thanks for the beers!

I have two glass break sensors and both are set to open when the app initializes. Any suggestions on how to get them to say closed?

Also I updated he Concord 4 Device Handler to have:
standardTile(“Zone 2”, “device.zone2”, width: 2, height: 2,inactiveLabel: false, decoration: “flat”) { state “inactive”, label: ‘Foyer Motion Sensor\n’, icon: “st.motion.motion.inactive”, backgroundColor: “#ffffff” state “active”, label: ‘Foyer Motion Sensor\n’, icon: “st.motion.motion.active”, backgroundColor: “#00a0dc” }
I also updated the Concord 4 Smart App to have:
input “zone2”, “capability.motionSensor”, title:“Zone 2”

When I open the ‘Alarm Device’ in the phone app and go to Alarm --> SmartApps–>Concord 4 Integration, I see all the zones to choose from but Zone 2 now says “You Can’t Currently Add This”

Here is a link of screenshots: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Hh2DBEyyx3d8RRXn2

Any thoughts or do you have any examples where a motion sensor is set up?

I too owe @sdozier some beer money for all of the help and programming efforts!

@Matthew_Arbaugh , I made a new device handler that will has a tile in the
"Concord 4" device to reset all zones to closed:

I’m happy to see so many more users getting Concord 4 to run using ST and the code @sdozier wrote.

When I first found this thread I felt like nobody had really used his solution, but it also seemed like the most complete one albeit with some missing instructions.

Hopefully more Concord users will find this thread and get their alarm integrated. Sure beats the heck out of paying an alarm company.

Has anyone been able to successfully use motionSensor instead of contactSensor in the Smart App?

I have been wanting to try but haven’t gotten that far yet. Have you started adjusting the code? I imagine the challenge is knowing what to send for each device but I haven’t dug into the code enough to see.

Just got my Superbus 2000 AM and Pi 3 today, so this will be my weekend project. Hopefully all goes well

Worked perfectly. Hooked everything up, had already followed all the steps from the github prior to wiring, and instantly was getting notifications from the AM. Arm/Disarm works, sensors work, thanks for the great work! Had to tweak the app/device groovy code to my liking, but it was documented well enough and easy to read :slight_smile:

That great to hear that everything worked out so well. I’ve been running
the code for about two years and saved a bit of money canceling the extra
fee to use alarm.com . I get the same features through SHM in the
SmartThings app.

Hi, I am getting the following error after setting everything up and retrying from the top multiple times. I have used the ConcordTester to verify that the automation module is sending data out thru the serial/USB adapter and it is. Could you please advise what problem may be causing this issue?

pi@raspberrypi:~/device-concord4/concordsvr $ python concordsvr. py
Concord 4 Automation Server v2.0
2017-10-20 23:23:16,691 [concordsvr. py:start_logger()] - INFO - Logging started [LEVEL: INFO]…
2017-10-20 23:23:16,696 [concordsvr. py:updateStateOnServer()] - INFO - Panel Information: panelState: connecting
2017-10-20 23:23:16,697 [concordsvr. py:refreshPanelState()] - INFO - Querying panel for state (Concord 4 panel device startup)
2017-10-20 23:23:16,699 [concordsvr. py:updateStateOnServer()] - INFO - Panel Information: state: exploring
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “concordsvr. py”, line 991, in
concord_interface.startup()
File “concordsvr. py”, line 370, in startup
st_request = SmartThingsUpdate(‘armstatus/disarmed’,senddelay=0)
TypeError: init() takes at least 3 arguments (3 given)

Thanks,
Chris