Hey everyone! This is officially my first post on the community.
I have been viewing this post many times and I also am interested in integrating my Concord 4 panel with ST.
But I am stuck on an issue and I know exactly where the breakdown is happening but I need help fixing it, especially from @caesarsghost if at all possible.
Here are the facts:
- Using an Arduino Uno
- Installed the Automation Module and ensured that I am getting communication from the C4 panel (checked using a tester program)
- Have a null modem crossover for DCE to DCE communication (in this case the arduino)
- I know the connection between the arduino and the ST hub are working
- I installed the ConcordShield Device Handler
- I installed the SmartApp
- I uploaded the ConcordController.ino to the Arduino
Instead of using a RS232 shield like mentioned in the earlier posts, I bought a small RS232 to TTL conversion module. It has the RS232 port for the panel side, and it has 4 pins for the TTL side (VCC,GND,RX,TX). I bought a cheap module previously but I think I burned it up because when I applied the arduino 5v pin to the module, I smelled burning and got no Rx/Tx lights.
I thought for sure that I needed to stay in the 3.3v range and so I bought another conversion module from Amazon that had good ratings. Same 4 pins (VCC,GND,RX,TX), and wired it up.
However, like my fact section above, I have never gotten zone trip or status log messages indicating any traffic actually coming from the AM module. I see the RS232 light blink on the AM module, and I see the logs between the arduino and the ST hub, but not the actual traffic that crosses the RS232 to TTL bridge.
What the heck am I doing wrong? Is it because I am using the wrong conversion module? Should I be getting something more, like the RS232 shield? Any help here would be much appreciated. Thanks!