SmartThings Community

Another Zigbee Repeater Solution (With Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensors)

project_sensors
(Albin Antony) #323

I have made some changes to the question that I have asked. Please check it out and help me if you can

(Iman Haryadi) #324

The FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF is not a common address. It look like one of special address in Zigbee for broadcast. Your mac address does not change.

@Albin_Antony, you may get a better answer from Xbee support. This specific behavior is between the Xbee as coordinator /repeater with Xiaomi devices. My sensor uses different stacks. I would not even be able to guess what is going on with Xbee.

(Albin Antony) #325

Have you experienced any issues with Xiaomi sensors after power failure of your router?

(Iman Haryadi) #326

I just want to let everyone know that I have build a new batch of sensors.

I am using different power supply design. These has impact if you would need to connect to external sensors. If you are interested in detail, I will be more than happy to explain it more. In summary, this batch does not use switching power supply. It should provide more stable power to the sensor.

There is no changes on the firmware. This batch is more of hardware improvement. In term of features, here is what the sensor currently can do.

I only have 16 sensors made. PM me if you are interested.

(Graham Ballard) #327

Iman, can you please email me at grahamb321@gmail.com I’d like to talk to you about potentially ordering a lot of your sensors for a commercial application.

(Iman Haryadi) #328

For everyone who will be getting this current batch, I want to mentioned that the battery connector is JST PH 2mm pitch. This should be common LIPO battery connector.

I want to briefly mention that please be careful in handling LIPO/Lithium Ion battery. Please do not connect them in the wrong polarity.

There is no standard on which side is positive or negative. In the board, there should mark for positive and negative side.

I tried this battery from Amazon.

The connector fit right and the polarity is correct out of the box on the above.

If you get a battery with wrong polarity, it is easy to reverse the side on the battery side of the connector. Here is a video on basically the concept on switching the polarity.

Here, how I hook mine.

It is easy to hide the battery as you can see below.

I think this battery would give the system about 1 hour of backup time.

Aqara Door Window Sensor
(Iman Haryadi) #329

I just want to let everyone who are getting the last batch that the sensors are on the way. I have shipped them.

I only have very few left at this point. Here is what I have left to share.

Thanks
Iman

(Bryan) #330

Hi, I would be interested in testing.

(Iman Haryadi) #331

@killahbee , please pm me with your information.

Thanks
Iman

(Bryan) #332

I would love to but it seems I am unable, if you can PM me that would be fantastic.
Thank you
Bryan

1 Like
(Alwas) #333

Hopefully you still have some left, your modules are great, I’ll pm you.

(Iman Haryadi) #334

Thanks Alex. I am glad that they work well for you.

br
Iman

1 Like